1. Autodesk decided to tackle the problem of how the tubes of the Hyperloop would be built
2. Jordan Brandt, Technology Futurist at Autodesk has created a new concept proposal of how the Hyperloop would be manufactured.
3. Our concept design would position the tubes in a vertical orientation
This would help reduce the number of pylons that would be needed, bringing down the cost of the project.
4. Like a sewing machine on wheels, the tubes could be braided from high-strength materials
This would create one continuous tube along the route.
5. Such as the braiding shown in this animation
6. The “Figure 8” design is key to our concept
The spanning capacity of the tubes will be dramatically improved
7. Thanks to our “Figure 8” design, the Hyperloop will take up less space as it travels along Interstate 5
This would help in the land acquisitions process in deciding what areas the Hyperloop would travel through.
10. We were able to visualize the Hyperloop in 3D travelling through a stretch of California
This particular visualization is a segment of the Hyperloop travelling through Bakersfield, California.
Using InfraWorks 360 Pro Justin Lokitz of Autodesk visualized the Hyperloop tube spanning a stretch of California.
In the same vein as Elon Musk, we welcome feedback and want to encourage the conversation around this innovative design being developed.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The Pentagon is investigating Trump's former national security adviser over payments he received from Russia-linked groups.
- "We can never apologize enough." United released its report on the plane dragging incident, and outlined changes it'll make to prevent similar issues.
- John McCain and Trump were supposed to be sworn enemies. But now the president may hire some of his former aides 🤗
- "The Real Housewives" has remained a cultural force for over a decade by reinventing itself. But has the show peaked? 👠 🔥