1. Slip-on shoes are all the rage. Shoelaces and bike chains don’t play well together.
2. Grease stains mark the insides of rolled up pant legs
3. The clicking sound of bike shoes walking down the hall is used announce their arrival into the office each morning.
4. They stash bike locks at various locations around the city to prevent having to carry them.
6. They check the weather report before getting out of bed to see how strong the wind is – curse you, headwinds!
7. Commute time is determined in miles, not minutes.
9. They purposefully keep thier bike dirty to avoid theft. Clean bikes seem to always mysteriously disappear.
10. They know the roads that have rail lines and avoid them at all costs.
12. They make their own coffee holders to fit their handle bars.
13. They use bike fenders to keep themselves dry (and will go to great lengths to preserve them).
15. They daydream about riding around the office. Why walk down the hall when you can bike?
18. They own multiple bikes: The cruiser, fixie, road bike, decoy, and sometimes unicycles.
Remember to ride safe on those city streets and have fun.
Can't wait to get your hands on your next urban bike? Five of North America's top design firms like Industry and bike builders are competing to design and make the ultimate urban utility bike. Learn more about the Bike Design Project.