1. The first time you get asked to watch a game it’s a huge honour. They’re letting you into their world!
2. This game is also pivotal in finding out how fanatic they really are...
3. Do they celebrate like this?
Or is it more like this?
4. If your BF plays football himself there are a ton of online resources to help you out.
5. As time goes by you'll become more familiar with all the team abbreviations.
6. Watching football at the weekend isn't so bad until you realise there's also ...Soccer Saturday.
And don't forget...
When it gets to Sunday evening you're all like: "Yay! No Football!" Oh you silly fool...
7. From watching Bend it like Beckham you thought you totally understood the offside rule.
But now you're watching actual football you realise you don't have a clue and you're too scared to ask out of fear of looking like a real football noob.
Besides you still chime in when there’s an offside debate anyway.
8. Asking questions when the game is on is OK as long as it's not during the lead-up to a goal or during a foul.
9. Types of questions that are NOT fine to ask mid-game:
1. Don't you think he looks a bit like that guy from the Venga Boys?
2. Do you remember the Venga Boys?
3. Weren't the Venga Boys great?
4. LET'S LISTEN TO SOME VENGA BOYS!