1. Emoji recently announced that 250 new emoji icons will be added to the Emojipedia in July.
The emojis are a part of the Unicode 7.0 software update from Apple, Google, and Microsoft.
Not many photos have been released of the new icons, but they’ll be added to the Emojipedia “as soon as they are available.”
Some of the new emojis are computer-themed, such as floppy disks, printers, and keyboards. We’ll also be able to go to war with our friends via text, as Emoji is releasing military airplanes, boats, and rockets.
Click here for the full list of new emojis.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- The ACLU is suing Milwaukee and its police for allegedly performing thousands of illegal stop-and-frisk searches that targeted minorities.
- #Peggygate: West Elm is offering full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website and stores👏