1. Over 50% of pilots have admitted to falling asleep mid-flight.
2. Bamboo isn't a tree.
3. If you hold in your farts long enough, the gas can be re-absorbed and come out of your mouth.
4. Cocktails were invented so the fruit juice could mask the taste of dead animals in bootleg liquor.
5. The Great Wall of China has withstood the test of time so well because sticky rice was mixed in with the mortar during construction.
6. The oldest "yo' mama" joke is over 3,500 years old and chiseled on a Babylonian tablet.
7. The popcorn you buy at a movie theater is sold at a 1275% markup.
8. Teflon (the inside of most frying pans) is currently the only surface that scientists know geckos can't stick to.
9. Orca mothers try to set up their adult sons with lady orcas because they want grandchildren.
10. The alphabet used to have 32 letters.
11. The color of tennis balls is officially considered "yellow."
12. Mount Everest's peak is made of marine limestone, which means that it was once part of the sea floor.
13. While we're on the subject of Mount Everest, it has over 20,000 pounds of human excrement on it.
14. Popeye was based off of a real person.
15. Homework used to be considered controversial and was banned in California in 1901.
16. The last time all human beings have been together on Earth was November 2, 2000.
17. And broccoli was invented by humans, not by nature.