We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us their best mom makeup tips and the responses were smart, creative, and totally useful!
1. "Use highlighter as eyeshadow and a mascara that lengthens your lashes, and you'll look wide awake."
2. "In a rush? Frame your face by just doing your brows, mascara, and lip gloss. You'll look and feel glam in less than 10 minutes."
3. "Try using aftershave for men as your primer. It works really well, and is way more budget-friendly."
4. "If you need to save time, you can use blush, contour, bronzer, and eyeshadow interchangeably, and even use lipstick as blush!"
5. "You can customize a quick BB cream for yourself with those little sample-sized foundations included with your Sephora order. I start with sunscreen, primer, and lotion, then add one tablespoon of foundation. Store it in any little container that works for you, and slap it on in a hurry when you don't have 'full face' time."
6. "Eye serum with caffeine in it works wonders for me and helps me not look nearly as tired as I am."
7. "Powdered sunscreen is my favorite. With a pinch of concealer where needed, it helps me look more normal and get SPF protection. I also leave a refillable compact and brush at work, in case I don't have time in the morning."
8. "Invest in a gold-hued highlighter. It makes you look fresh, 'glowy', and healthy in just a few swipes of the brush."
9. "Buy some cheap makeup and brushes you can keep next to your good stuff. That way when the kids want to 'play makeup' with Mommy, they can! And they won't touch your expensive stuff. Win-win."
10. "Eyeliner + bright lipstick = instant face."
11. "After postpartum hormones made my skin super dry, I started patting vitamin E oil on the dry patches on my face. Everyone commented on my 'dewey-ness', and to this day, I'm able to skip foundation because it makes my natural skin look good. Not just 'mom-level' good, but GOOD."
12. "I stopped using eyeliner on my bottom eyelids altogether, and it completely opened my eyes up!"
13. "My 1-year-old never stops running around, so I put him in his car seat, load him into the car, turn on some music, and do my makeup in my visor mirror. That way, I get to use natural light and I don't have to worry about my kid getting hurt."
14. "When I'm in a hurry, I dab a finger's worth of the day's blush over chapstick to make a lipstick."
15. "Before my second baby was born, I bought a NARS multiple stick. On a super busy day, I can swipe that one stick on my cheeks, lips, and even my lids!"
16. "I have a 5-minute routine that only consists of a few products, so I keep ONLY those items on my vanity. That way, I'm not tempted to deviate from a routine that I know works. I also keep a checklist of steps on my mirror, so I can just run down the list and go."
17. "Consider getting your eyebrows micro-bladed. My makeup routine takes so much less time now, since I don't have to fuss with my brows. And even if I don't have time to put on makeup, I still look put together because my brows are bangin'!"
18. "If nothing else, keep up a simple skincare routine to make your face the best it can be for the days you don't have the time, energy, or willpower to make up your face. Wash, tone, and moisturize twice a day to make your natural skin glow."
19. "Undereye corrector, 110%! My child accidentally gave me a black eye with a toy once, and my undereye corrector has hidden all mommy injuries and many sleepless nights!"
20. "Setting spray is crucial so that if you end up doing your makeup, it stays all day."
21. "As a new mom, my makeup go-to is to stop giving a fuck. Oh yeah, and sunscreen."
Some responses were edited for length and clarity.