We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us the wedding rule they broke, and it turns out that many of our readers did their wedding their way:
1. "I wore a jumpsuit I found on Asos."
2. "We walked down the aisle together. We were making the biggest commitment of our lives, and we wanted to walk into that moment already supporting each other."
3. "I’m not a big fan of cake, so we had pie instead."
—Cait Jacob Denny, Facebook
4. "I went wedding dress shopping with my mom and found the perfect dress. And I was so excited when it arrived that the first person I knew I had to share it with was my husband!"
5. "We didn't allow kids or partners during our wedding day — that way, my single friends were absolutely delighted and everyone had a blast!"
—Emma Loc, Facebook
6. "We said, 'We do' instead of 'I do.'"
7. "I wore a lavender dress, and my husband and I both hyphenated our last names so that we could share our identities with one another."
8. "We didn't have a live band or live DJ — just my wife’s brother with an auxiliary cord, huge speakers, and a guest-compiled Spotify playlist."
9. "Our cake toppers were Scully and Mulder, and we threw stuffed animals with scratch tickets instead of the garter and bouquet."
—Kim Forest-Hauser, Facebook