1. "My 4-year-old told me about the time she went for a swim in the lake and could hear her mom yelling and crying out to her, but she couldn't come because she was 'under the ducks.' Then she remembers falling asleep and when she woke up, I was her new mommy."
2. "My 2-year-old niece pointed at the collapsing twin towers on the screen and said very clearly, 'I die.'"
3. "My 4-year-old nephew talks about being on the Titanic all the time. He said he was with his wife and that it was really cold. And every time he watches a movie with boats or bodies of water he gets freaked out and wants it to turn off."
4. "My 3-year-old son told me that he smothered someone once. I asked him if he knew what that word meant. He said it meant holding a pillow on someone's head until they stop moving. I asked him when he did that and he said, 'Oh, a long, long time ago.'"
5. "When my son was 2 or 3, he'd talk about being an adult who rode horses in the woods. He said that one day he got hurt riding, then everything got dark, and the next thing he knew he was with me. I asked where he got hurt and he pointed to the birthmark on his stomach."
6. "My daughter had a nightmare that she was playing paper dolls in her mom's bathroom when a man came in and murdered her and her brother. She's never even seen paper dolls before..."
7. "My 3-year-old cousin told us he was once a man named Gazi who lived in Syria, and that bad guys cut his fingers off one by one, and ran over him with a Jeep."
8. "One day, my 2-year-old brother randomly started describing the detailed process of making pizza..."
9. "I was babysitting a 5-year-old boy who, out of the blue, said, 'The ambulances came after I got hit, and everyone was sad.'"
10. "Our son is named after a Marine that was killed in action on my husband's last deployment. One day when he was three, we drove by the military base where his namesake is buried and our son said, 'I'm buried over there in the ground. You know, from when I died fighting bad guys with Daddy. Before I was your kid.'"
11. "My 3-year-old niece told me she used to drive. I said, 'When you're older, I guess.' But she shook her head in frustration and said, 'No, when I was a grown-up. Now I'm too small.' I humored her and asked what her car was like. She told me, in the surest tone, 'A '66 Chevy Cam-ro.'"
12. "My husband and I joke that our son is my dad reincarnated because he's just like him. He was conceived three months after my dad passed away from a sudden heart attack, and was born with a birthmark right over his heart!"
13. "I was watching The Great Gatsby at my friend's house and her 3-year-old brother started talking about going to parties like those and about the financial crisis (yes, he used those exact words!) that followed."
14. "My daughter was born with a heart condition and is very sickly. One day, she said that she missed the old, 'not-sick' her. I asked her what she meant, since she had been born sick. She said, 'You know, me, but the other me with red hair.'"
15. "My son told us the reason he's best friends with his 89-year-old great-great-grandpa is because he was his sister before..."
16. "When my son was three, he would talk about his 'boardies,' a wood-paneled station wagon, and someone named Bubba. He said he used to surf when he was older before he became a kid. We live in the Midwest and he's never seen the ocean, much less a surfboard."
17. "My 5-year-old son told me that when he was old, he drowned in a flood. He said, 'But this time I'm learning how to swim and things will be different, see.' And then he took a swim."
18. "When my daughter was about three, my sister and I were telling her about the day she was born. She corrected us by saying, 'You mean the day I came back.'"
19. "I was singing a song to my 3-year-old daughter that my great-grandma used to sing to me when I was small. My daughter smiled, stroked my cheek, and said, 'I remember when I used to sing this to you when I was the Mommy and you were my little girl.'"
Note: Some submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.