2. When Adam Brody auditioned, Josh Schwartz said he hated him and wanted him to get out.
Adam had been auditioning for several pilots that day and hadn’t come prepared. After a month with no Seth Cohen, they eventually called Brody back and he got the part.
6. Rachel Bilson was originally only a guest star, but the role of Summer Roberts became so important that they made her a main character.
Can you imagine a show without Seth+Summer? No, the answer is no.
7. The producers almost didn’t use the iconic Phantom Planet song for the intro.
They thought it was too mainstream, but they added the song because they needed to show the network something before the pilot premiered. Everyone ended up loving it, so they used “California” for the theme song.
16. Shailene Woodley played the young Kaitlin Cooper.
And then became a teen mom. Well, on TV.
17. The Cohens were originally called “The Needlemans.”
- "We can never apologize enough." United released its report on the plane dragging accident, and outlined changes it'll make to prevent similar incidents.
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️