The trailer for The Weinstein Company’s adaptation of Lois Lowry’s beloved young adult novel has been released and it’s more bone-chilling than you expected. The stellar cast includes Jeff Bridges, Meryl Streep, Brenton Thwaites, Alexander Skarsgård, Katie Holmes, and even Taylor Swift (thought she didn’t make the trailer).
Update: Taylor IS in it! But only for like, a second.
The Giver is a story about a seemingly perfect society; diseases have been eradicated, everyone is equal, and the community is under control. Each person is assigned a life assignment and Jonas has been picked as the Receiver of Memories. Only “The Giver” knows the truth of the past, and he must now pass that information down to Jonas, revealing the dark, complex secrets of the world.
5. The Giver hits theaters August 15, but you can read the book in the meantime!
- Sean Spicer today said "his intention is never to lie" as White House press secretary, a pledge that came after making false claims this weekend about Trump's inauguration.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called global gag rule, barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- The new Trump Hotel in Washington, DC, has lost more than $1 million and is in violation of Donald Trump's lease with the government, say Democratic lawmakers.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales once again continued to fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉