The trailer for The Weinstein Company’s adaptation of Lois Lowry’s beloved young adult novel has been released and it’s more bone-chilling than you expected. The stellar cast includes Jeff Bridges, Meryl Streep, Brenton Thwaites, Alexander Skarsgård, Katie Holmes, and even Taylor Swift (thought she didn’t make the trailer).
Update: Taylor IS in it! But only for like, a second.
The Giver is a story about a seemingly perfect society; diseases have been eradicated, everyone is equal, and the community is under control. Each person is assigned a life assignment and Jonas has been picked as the Receiver of Memories. Only “The Giver” knows the truth of the past, and he must now pass that information down to Jonas, revealing the dark, complex secrets of the world.
5. The Giver hits theaters August 15, but you can read the book in the meantime!
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren went full "nasty" on Trump, saying "nasty women" are going to cast their "nasty votes" on Nov. 8 🙋
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Jay Z is holding a concert for Clinton in Ohio aimed at mobilizing a group she's struggled to excite: black voters. 🎤
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏