1. Rik Mayall (Drop Dead Fred) was originally cast as Peeves.
2. When Alfonso Cuarón signed on to direct the third movie, he asked the trio to write a short essay on their characters.
3. At the end of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, the credits say, "No dragons were harmed in the making of this movie."
4. The actress who played Moaning Myrtle (Shirley Henderson) was 37 years old during the second film.
5. 210,000 coins were created for the Gringotts scene in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.
6. Mad-Eye Moody and Bill Weasley are related in real life.
Brendan Gleeson and Domhnall Gleeson are father and son.
7. Throughout all eight films, Daniel Radcliffe went through roughly 160 pairs of glasses.
8. Tilda Swinton was reportedly considered for the role of Professor Trelawney, but declined due to scheduling conflicts.
9. The candles used in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone were originally real candles suspended from wires, but they switched to digital after the candles fell from the ceiling.
10. Rupert Grint dressed like his female drama teacher and rapped for his audition tape.
11. Harry Potter's famous lighting bolt scar has been applied by makeup teams approximately 5,800 times.
12. Every wand from all eight movies was created on-site.
13. Rupert was removed from the set during Harry and Hermione's kissing scene because he was laughing too much.
What an adult.
14. Hedwig was played by three male owls in the movies.
Their names were Gizmo, Ook, and Sprout.