1. Whitehaven Beach, Witsunday Islands, Australia
2. Pfeiffer Beach, Big Sur, California
FUN FACT: The beach has strips and patches of purple sand, which comes from eroded manganese garnet that flows down from nearby hills.
3. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Sicily
4. Oludeniz Beach aka The Blue Lagoon, Fethiye, Turkey
5. Byron Bay Beach, New South Wales, Australia
6. Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Hawaii
FUN FACT: "Lanikai" means "heavenly sea" in Hawaiian.
7. Maho Beach, Saint Martin
8. Boulders Beach, Cape Town, South Africa
FUN FACT: Over 2000 endangered African penguins call this sheltered beach home.
9. Fort Bragg Beach, California
10. Hyams Beach, New South Wales, Australia
11. Bora Bora, French Polynesia
12. Baio do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
13. Playa Paraiso, Cayo Largo, Cuba
14. Los Roques, Venezuela
15. Lover's Beach, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
16. Anse Source d'Argent, La Digue, Seychelles
17. Palaui Island, Cagayan, Philippines
18. Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India
FUN FACT: The archipelago is made up of over 300 islands, but fewer than 20 are open to tourists.