24. The holidays are a time for personal reflection.
23. A time to think about what it really means to be good.
22. And even with the best of intentions…
21. …we’re still at the mercy of the universe.
20. It’s also a time for family.
19. For going through the motions, even if it’s tedious.
18. Because the proper preparations are vital!
17. The Christmas list is both strategic and an art.
16. A first draft will get the juices flowing.
15. You can find inspiration anywhere!
14. And there’s no shame in being clear and firm about what you want.
13. Of course, all of these expectations make it the perfect time to mess with people.
(We might as well call it the trolliday season.)
12. So it’s good to keep up a level of pragmatism…
11. …mixed with a healthy dose of skepticism.
10. To question authority!
9. To ask the big questions!
8. It’s also important to remember that some aspects of the Christmas spirit are not for everyone.
7. Some people might find the themes a little problematic.
6. But people find transcendence in all sorts of ways.
5. After all, consumerism isn’t all bad.
4. You’re not just giving a gift. You’re giving a message.
3. Often that message is incredibly heartwarming.
2. Sometimes your favorite gift will surprise you.
1. And when all of the excitement has faded, you’ve got to remember your manners.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Years Day has been captured, Turkish media reports.
- People are arguing about whether those who are anti-abortion rights should participate in the upcoming Women's March.
- Umm. Over half of the population across 22 countries believe their system is failing and rigged, a new poll says 🌎🤔
- People are melting after a girl shared photos of her pitbull on Twitter in order to speak out against laws banning the animal.