1. Macchu Picchu is truly incredible but there’s much more to Peru.
7. Then there’s new drinks to try like the pisco sour, which tops a piña colada any day.
The pisco sour is a brandy drink, made with lemon juice, egg whites and angostura. You’ll be surprised how strong it is but not at how quickly you gulp it down.
10. Or chirimoya, a fruit straight out of Willy Wonka that can taste like a banana, strawberry, pineapple or all three.
If you’re a human that likes fruits and all things happy in the world, your life is incomplete without tasting this fruit native to the Andes.
21. There’s a rare red beach at the Paracas National Reserve that you need to see to believe.
Its color is due to “ancient volcanic activity after eruptions that struck the Pacific, producing a type of clay with that color as the sand component.”
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister" and "Titanic."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲