1. Macchu Picchu is truly incredible but there’s much more to Peru.
7. Then there’s new drinks to try like the pisco sour, which tops a piña colada any day.
The pisco sour is a brandy drink, made with lemon juice, egg whites and angostura. You’ll be surprised how strong it is but not at how quickly you gulp it down.
10. Or chirimoya, a fruit straight out of Willy Wonka that can taste like a banana, strawberry, pineapple or all three.
If you’re a human that likes fruits and all things happy in the world, your life is incomplete without tasting this fruit native to the Andes.
21. There’s a rare red beach at the Paracas National Reserve that you need to see to believe.
Its color is due to “ancient volcanic activity after eruptions that struck the Pacific, producing a type of clay with that color as the sand component.”
- An earthquake that struck central Italy Wednesday has killed at least 73 people, officials say. 150 people are still missing.
- Turkish forces have launched an offensive to help Syrian rebels take the border town of Jarabulus from ISIS and keep it out of Kurdish hands.
- And Donald Trump has often claimed to be "the largest real estate developer in New York." He isn't.