Can I ask you a question...? Do you have any idea how many records the ~mastermind~ herself — Taylor Swift — has shattered this year alone? Between the release of Midnights and her rerecorded albums, Taylor is certainly making 2022 ✨shimmer✨.
Karma is my boyfriend? Karma is a relaxing thought? I think “Karma” is also effortlessly breaking, like, every streaming record there is. 💅
Whether she dethroned another celebrity or simply outdid herself, here are 14 records Taylor Swift broke in 2022:
1. Before Midnights' release day had even ended, Taylor Swift had already broken Spotify's record for the most-streamed album in a single day. This also made it the album with the most first-day streams in Spotify history. According to Guinness World Records, the original and 3 a.m. versions of the album acquired 184,695,609 streams total.
In doing so, she beat Drake's Certified Lover Boy record, which got 153.4 million streams in its first 24 hours.
2. She also broke Amazon Music's record for the most first-day streams of an album and the most Alexa requests ever.
3. AND — surprise, surprise — she broke the Apple Music record, too, making Midnights their biggest pop album of all time by its day one streams.
4. Alright, back to Spotify. With Midnights' record-shattering release, she also broke the record for the most-streamed artist in a single day on Spotify, with 228 million streams total.
To put that into perspective, Guinness World Records pointed out the fact that that number is larger than the populations of every country but four in the world — China, India, Indonesia, and the US.
5. According to Guinness World Records, on November 3, Taylor dethroned Ariana Grande as Spotify's most streamed female artist, totaling 35 billion plays across all credits.
In total, she's amassed 35,301,822,471 lead streams and 436,110,032 as a featured artist — totaling 35,737,932,503 total streams. At the time, Ariana stood at 34,959,372,134 total streams.
6. Taylor Swift and Lana Del Rey broke the record for most single day streams in an all-female collaboration for "Snow on the Beach," surpassing Ariana Grande and Lady Gaga's collaboration, "Rain on Me." The song generated a total of 57.484 million streams.
She released five total vinyl varieties — a moonstone blue, a jade green, a mahogany, a blood moon, and a lavender Target-exclusive. The covers of the vinyl LPs combine together to make a clock.
8. According to Billboard, Taylor is the first artist in history to occupy the entire top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 chart in a week. She achieved this the week of November 5, knocking Kim Petras and Sam Smith's "Unholy" off the top 10 chart.
Taylor was able to accomplish this with streams alone, not requiring sales or radio airplay.
9. She also broke the record for female artist with the most top 10 songs on the Billboard Hot 100 in history, dethroning Madonna.
Taylor now has 40 songs on the list, and Madonna has 38. The only artist with more top 10 hits than her currently is Drake, with 59.
She's currently at 55 weeks as the #1 artist.
11. With her upcoming Eras Tour, Taylor broke the Ticketmaster record for the most tickets ever sold for an artist in a single day, selling over 2 million tickets.
Despite scheduling 52 dates on the upcoming tour, the demand was incredible, and tickets were still basically impossible to get.
12. Taylor broke her own record at the American Music Awards this year as the most decorated AMA winning artist of all time, with 40 total wins.
13. Taylor received her sixth Song of the Year Grammy nomination this year for "All Too Well (10 Minute Version)." While she's never won the category, she's the female artist who has been nominated for it the most times.
She's tied for the most nominated artist in the category overall, standing alongside Lionel Richie and Paul McCartney.