People Are Sharing What Women Deal With That Men Don't Have To And It's Just Dang True
From all-in-one shampoos to walking alone at night.
NOTE: Some of the comments are applicable to all men, while others are only applicable to cisgender men.
1. "Not having to prove my credibility. The shit my wife has deal with at her job makes my blood pressure go through the roof."
2. "Pockets of reasonable size on every piece of clothing. I can carry anything I can think of while keeping my hands free!"
6. "Not having to carry a pregnancy and give birth. It really does take a toll on your body. Yes, it’s beautiful and miraculous and whatnot, but it’s exhausting just to watch. And the birth? My goodness, I couldn’t bring myself to stare directly at the sun. Y’all are tough."
8. "I remember shortly after first being married and my wife asking me to come with her to get gas at night. At first I was like, 'Aw, that’s sweet, you want some company while you go put gas in your car?' And she was like, 'Uhhhh no, I don’t want to feel afraid that someone is going to attack me while I go put gas in the car.'"
10. "Not everything is about how you look. Women aren’t even allowed to age; everything since the minute a girl hits puberty is 'how to look better.'"
11. "Being taken seriously and that I know what I am talking about, even when I don't. It pisses me off when I have to get on the phone when the dealer is trying to feed my wife some bullshit when she has to take the car in. I am like, “No, we are not going to pay $100 to change out the cabin air filter because the car has 30,000 miles. This specific car doesn't have a cabin air filter you lying sack of shit."
12. "No wedding or baby showers. No bridesmaids dresses. Women have a ridiculous amount of social expectations that they have to live up to."
14. "Going to a doctor and telling them I am in pain and they listen and don't blow me off, telling me it's all in my head."
15. "I'm starting to understand how damaging it is for women to know from a young age that they are the target of sexual desire. Like being Brad Pitt but without any of his money. Of all the freedoms I have as a man, one of the most valuable must be the knowledge that nobody is ever looking at me."
Are there any other specific advantages that men have that Reddit didn't think of? Or are there specific advantages women have that you want to share? Let us know in the comments!
Some submissions have been edited for length or clarity.