We asked the BuzzFeed Community, “What's the best decision you made about your wedding?” Here are their answers for you to have and to hold.
1. Think about an off-season wedding if you need to stay in budget. (Bonus: hot chocolate station!)
2. Rely on the natural beauty of the venue to save on décor and floral.
3. Stay strong on the details that matter most to you.
4. To say hi to everyone without taking up the whole night, try taking "table photos."
5. If a big cake is out of budget, try a bunch of small cakes.
6. Or just get pie!
7. Try not to set your wedding date near a major holiday.
8. Think outside the box in terms of venue spaces if you need to save money.
9. Don't hire friends as vendors. Just don't.
10. Give your phone to your MOH/Best Man for the day.
11. Use an all-inclusive venue for a low-stress evening.
12. If you splurge on one thing, consider splurging on a day-of coordinator or a planner.
13. Get to your reception faster by having a first look.
14. To save on floral, check your local farmer's market.
15. A long engagement can help you collect or buy all the items you need over time.
16. Let go and let your bridesmaids choose their own dresses.
17. Make your DJ a list of music for them to play if that's important to you.
18. Don't let tradition keep you from doing what you want.
19. And finally, make sure you actually spend time with your spouse on the day.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.