36 Gorgeous Dresses That Won't Empty Out Your Wallet
Hear ye, hear ye: mini, midi, and maxi styles that don't cost a trillion dollars.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A boho-inspired mini dress that is equal parts comfy and chic: breezy fabric makes it perfect for hot days (*begins to sweat at the the thought of humidity*), the fun pattern make for an obligatory Insta story.
2. A V-neck maxi dress, because life's too short to not hop in on the tie-dye trend. It's everywhere — you can't help but be enticed. This cozy number means an easy, comfy way to add a pop of pattern to your wardrobe.
3. A puff sleeve mini dress that is THE one. The perfect little black dress. Congratulations, your search for the ideal LBD is finally over.
4. A dotted wrap dress about to become your new wearable BFF. You: "Wardrobe, please meet the newest member of our family... I'll be wearing this every single GNO from now on."
5. A cross-front flutter sleeve dress that is the perfect solid. It's appropriate for any time, any place, any occasion, plus it's basic enough that it'll be ~in style~ for decades to come.
6. A bandana print dress I bet you're already envisioning for your next outdoor barbecue-party-of-one. That's right, ~dress~ up for yourself. But maybe take a mirror picture. For Instagram. Just in case.
7. A crewneck t-shirt dress you'll basically live in from now until the Year 3000. If one needed to describe the below number in just three words, those three words would be affordable, flowy, and fabulous.
8. A maxi wrap dress available in a gorgeous red hue sure to become the pride of your wardrobe. Prepare to feel fantastique the second your slip this on.
9. A V-neck mini dress that is equal parts comfy and chic: breezy fabric makes it perfect for hot days (*begins to sweat at the the thought of humidity*), the fun ruffles and pattern are seriously stylish.
10. A bodycon mini dress for anyone who hates choosing both a top *and* a bottom — this is basically just an extension of your favorite tee. Extra brownie points for the slightly longer back, aka you'll be able to walk without having to constantly pull it down.
11. A mock-neck maxi dress made from a super soft jersey material — so if you want to feel like you're wearing pajamas whilst in public, then you should add this to your shopping cart ASAP.
12. A denim overall dress for anyone who misses their jeans. I personally don’t get it, but this is a summer-approved (and more comfortable version) of your favorite denim.
13. A sleeved maxi dress with a nifty wrap-around belt, aka your waist will be accentuated and you won't feel as if you're wearing a long, oversized, shapeless tee (a personal frustration of mine).
15. A ruffled dress so gorgeous, I'm pretty sure it inspired the creation of the following emoji: 😍. The affordable price tag is just an added perk.
16. A pleated gingham dress with a lovely A-line silhouette that can easily be adjusted with a waist-cinching belt (ah, the power of a good accessory). Oh, and I should probably mention — there are pockets.
17. A V-neck maxi dress for an easy, breezy, ~doesn't require pants~ outfit you'll want to slip on for and and every occasion. This is comfy enough to lounge in, stylish enough to picnic in. Cue Hannah Montana because 'tis the best of both worlds.
18. A cold shoulder maxi dress so trendy, it's practically a requirement to have a photo shoot whilst wearing it. Congratulations on your newest #ootd, now prepare for at least 500K new followers.
19. A ruffled cami sundress that's making me want to walk through my garden, and I don't even have a garden! It's got an A-line fit but gentle smocking at the middle, meaning it will cinch (but not pinch at) your waist.
20. A simple off-the-shoulder dress with a high-low hem, which means it's slightly longer in the back. Who's going to spend the night fearing that their underwear is saying peek-a-boo? Not you!
21. A tie-front mini dress that's perfect for grocery store runs, dinner dates, reading a good book in your backyard, etc. In other words — this is Versatile with an intentional capital "V".
22. A swing dress destined to be on constant rotation in your summer wardrobe (the poor thing will never get a break). The jersey knit material is super lightweight and the design itself isn't clingy, aka this will really pull through on days where "I'm dripping sweat" doesn't even begin to cover it.
23. A belted shirt dress so chic, I'd be personally offended if you didn't start a fashion blog immediately after wearing it.
24. A halter maxi dress with a smocked bodice, ruffled bottom, an open back worthy of drool, and adjustable back straps that mean a bra may not be necessary (SO LONG, PAINFUL UNDERWIRE). Let's all do this together: *swoon*
25. A button-up dress that is truly *chefs kiss* when it comes to fancy-ing up an ensemble — without having to sacrifice comfort. Hear ye, hear ye, this V-neck mini is worth the pocket change.
26. A tank maxi dress that is, without a doubt, the perfect basic piece of summer clothing. Get ready to wear this lovely piece of jersey knit all 👏 the 👏 damn 👏 time 👏.
28. A smocked mini dress for whenever you're running late, which is pretty much always. Just slip this on, pair it with any shoe, throw your hair into a chic messy bun (emphasis on the messy), and that's it! You're ready.
29. A halter mini dress available in six gorgeous color and pattern combos. Will you spend the next several hours deciding which color and pattern combo to purchase? Probably. To all the indecisive folks out there, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
30. A cocktail dress so cleverly designed, it deserves a damn award: longer material for your backside means no peek-a-boo surprises when a gust of wind hits. Bless Marilyn Monroe, but I'm not trying to reenact that scene.
31. A scoop neck swing dress for curling up on the couch with a good book *or* for running errands. The world is truly your oyster with this trusty number.
32. A T-shirt dress so ridiculously soft, your body will feel as if it's being enveloped by a fluffy cloud made of kittens and other ridiculously cute baby animals. Plus, this cozy maxi is the perfect thing to dress up or down.
33. An off-shoulder tiered maxi dress that I'm pretty sure I'd shed several ~tiers~ over because of how gorgeous it is. Ignore me. I've just chopped a few onions.
34. A ribbed knit mini dress you'll wear at least one trillion times. The no frills cami design means it'll never go out of style, plus you can layer it with tights, booties, and a jacket for colder months.
35. An A-line midi dress I hereby declare as my "It looks like I tried, but I really didn't" outfit. This cutout one-and-done look polished, semi-fancy, and the breezy material feels divine.
36. An off-shoulder maxi dress guaranteed to be the belle of the warm weather ball. Whether wearing it for a casual beach stroll or a family barbecue, everyone will be asking where you got this pretty little number.
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.