38 Pieces Of Clothing That Feel Like Pajamas But Look Put-Together
So long, awful days in which we went to the grocery store in pajamas and inevitably saw everyone we knew for the sake of being cozy.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A flared sleeve romper so chic, the unbelievably soft fabric it's made with is just a perk — like, sleeping in this floral number would be completely understandable. *proceeds to snore in style*
2. A pair of high-rise leggings, because the ~little black dress~ is nice an all but truthfully? What your wardrobe (and wallet) needs is a solid pair of black bottoms that can be worn every day.
3. A strapless maxi dress with a breezy design for days that are hot, hot, hot. Adding a hat and jewelry will up the ante when it comes to looking ~put-together~, but honestly? This thing is so dang cozy that you'll wear it around the house with fuzzy slippers, too.
4. High-rise biker shorts to temporarily replace your leggings when your limbs demand a little more breathing room — and in this heat!??! Who could blame them!? Oh, and FYI, these have pockets.
5. A drawstring romper that I will personally be living in this summer. It's got all the comfort of the pajama set you've been wearing to bed since 1893, but it's a romper and ergo a *lot* more chic.
6. A chiffon tank and dress hybrid with an asymmetric design that is like your favorite cami, but *le gasp* several million times more fashionable. Pair this with leggings for a look that is both put-together and comfortable.
7. A tank and shorts two-piece, because there is truly nothing better than a matching set. Going to the grocery store? On a socially-distanced hike? For a bike ride? To sleep? This outfit is appropriate for each scenario.
8. A V-neck mini dress that is equal parts comfy and chic: breezy fabric makes it perfect for hot days (*begins to sweat at the the thought of humidity*), the fun ruffles and pattern make for an obligatory Insta story.
9. A tie front off-shoulder blouse you'll be tempted to purchase in every color (there's 17 of 'em available, for reference). This is here to nudge your old high school gym tee into retirement: not only is the design *chefs kiss*, but the breezy material makes it comfier than what you typically wear to bed.
11. An ultra soft terry jumpsuit for anyone who despises having to choose both a top and bottom (way too time-consuming) *and* doesn't like dresses (what if there's a breeze?). Presenting the cozy, versatile one-and-done solution.
12. A V-neck maxi dress, because life's too short to not hop in on the tie-dye trend. It's everywhere — you can't help but be enticed. This cozy number means an easy, comfy way to add a pop of pattern to your wardrobe.
13. A black tank with all the comfort of your favorite tee, but those straps? Too trendy. Let's just say wearing that strapless bra will be worth the comfort + compliments alone.
14. A scoop neck swing dress ideal for curling up on the couch with a good book *or* for grocery store runs in which you buy ice cream, ice cream, and more ice cream (what else does one buy at the grocery store, right?).
15. A bow-front jumpsuit that can be paired with sneakers for more casual affairs or heels for fancy occasions. Plus, the fabric is so comfortable you'll be tempted to wear it during your next Netflix binge. Go ahead. I encourage it.
16. A V-neck midi dress that's making me want to walk through my garden, and I don't even have a garden! It's got an A-line fit but gentle smocking at the middle, meaning it will cinch (but not pinch at) your waist.
17. A sleeveless tee because humidity has arrived and with it, an endless amount of sweat. Presenting the easiest way to wear as little clothing as possible while still feeling dressed up enough for that daily walk. You’re welcome.
18. High-waist leggings, aka the delicious bread and butter of any WFH wardrobe. These provide awesome compression, come in a variety of fab solids and prints, *plus* have over 7,000 positive reviews.
19. A swing dress destined to be on constant rotation in your summer wardrobe (the poor thing will never get a break). The jersey knit material is super lightweight and the design itself isn't clingy, aka this will really pull through on days where "I'm dripping sweat" doesn't even begin to cover it.
20. Stretchy wide leg palazzo pants here to make your *leggings* feel rigid. There's a ton of different patterns to choose from, the high-rise elastic band doesn't dig into your belly button, plus they're super soft but still easy to dress up. Heaven = found.
21. A tie front jumpsuit bound to get you a minimum of 900 compliments on your next Facetime wine night. This basically *feels* like a swimsuit coverup, but isn’t see-through.
22. A flared mini skirt cleverly made with a drawstring waist which means *phew* no uncomfortable button digging into your stomach. Plus, the ability to adjust the waist = a fit that feels tailored to you.
23. A cropped leg unitard so sleek, I feel like this is all the motivation I need to go for a run!? This formfitting number is equipped with SPF 30 UV protection and a stretchy material that has *just* the right amount of compression.
24. A halter maxi dress with a smocked bodice, ruffled bottom, an open back worthy of drool, and adjustable back straps that mean a bra may not be necessary (SO LONG, PAINFUL UNDERWIRE). Let's all do this together: *swoon*
25. Drawstring linen shorts for a chic upgrade to your pajama bottoms. The high-rise elastic waistband ensures a comfy fit that can easily slide on over swimsuit bottoms, plus large pockets mean yo don't have to carry a purse if you don't want to.
26. A V-neck jumpsuit that I would very much like to live in all weekend, thank you very much. With its elasticized waistband, cozy knit material, and fantastic purple hue? I mean, what more could one want!?
27. A breezy V-neck maxi dress with "summer uniform" written all over it in invisible ink, National Treasure style. This is the ideal number to throw on when you're in a rush which, let's face it, is pretty much always.
28. A colorblock cocktail dress that looks ultra professional (who woke up on time this morning? you!) but is actually deceivingly comfortable: it's made from a soft spandex jersey that feels like butter.
29. A bodycon mini dress for anyone who hates choosing both a top *and* a bottom — this is basically just an extension of your favorite tee. Extra brownie points for the slightly longer back that means you'll be able to walk without having to constantly pull the bottom portion down.
30. A sleeved blouse with a fabulous open back destined to become the star of your next insta #ootd. Consider this an upgraded version of the black tee you wear every other day.
31. A ribbed knit skirt available in several fun colors (*heart eyes emoji* to that lemon yellow hue) that basically feels like a lightweight sweatshirt, but for your legs.
32. High-waisted bell bottoms with a truly snazzy design (think leopard and snakeskin patterns galore) that are surprisingly cozy, to boot. Comfort + style worthy of a fashion blog = the only aesthetic I want to attain this year.
33. A cropped tee and shorts combo that says “I went out of my way to try this morning” when you, in fact, did not. Throw your hair up in a messy bun, slip on some sneaks, and bam! The aesthetic du jour is chic.
34. A T-shirt dress so ridiculously soft, your body will feel as if it's being enveloped by a fluffy cloud made of kittens and all other fantastic baby animals that come to mind.
35. A knit jumpsuit made from a buttery soft material that feels like luxury against your skin. If you want to feel like you're wearing pajamas while sending emails and calling into meetings from 9-5, you'll probably wish you added this to cart sooner.
36. A button-up shirt dress for anyone who misses their jeans. I personally don’t get it, but this is a much more comfortable version of your favorite denim.
37. Drawstring joggers that have a tapered silhouette yet are equally as cozy as your fleece rubber duck PJ bottoms, but (no offense) a lot more polished.
38. A high-waist midi skirt equipped with pockets — so in addition to the obvious trend factor, you'll also have a place to rest your hands. No more of that intimidating crossed arms nonsense.
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.