You Should Wear Sunscreen Every Single Day: Here Are 15 Great Ones
Your next holy grail awaits.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. La Roche-Posay Anthelios Broad Spectrum SPF 60 bids adieu to greasy T-zones of sunscreens past with a matte finish that *stays* matte all. day. long. If you've got oily and acne-prone skin, rest assured this won't aggravate breakouts (some reviewers swear it even lightens post-breakout scarring).
Promising review: "I have light olive-toned and oily, acne-prone combination skin; this sunscreen has helped alleviate excess oil especially on my forehead, control breakouts, and even lightened a little bit of my post-breakout hyperpigmentation. It keeps my glow up and oil shine down all day, and even performed well through a 4-mile roller skating session in direct sun. Impressive! Definitely worth the money, if you ask me." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
2. Sun Bum Original SPF 50 is absolutely lauded by folks with fair and sensitive complexions. It delivers on its promise of UVA/UVB protection (and is moisturizing thanks to a generous helping of vitamin E), plus the spray nozzle makes it perfect for those hard-to-reach areas cc: that inch above my back bikini strap.
Promising review: "I will tell you I am very fair and on medication that makes me sensitive to the sun's rays. I read review after review till I found this product which came with such high reviews from my fellow Amazonians, so I purchased it. LOVE, LOVE AND LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I was in the sun for about three hours and every where I put this product it did its job. This is my go-to sunscreen from this day going forward. My 5-year-old granddaughter used this product as well, same results after three hours and tons of pool time in Orlando." —April Morgano
Get it from Amazon for $15.
3. Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 protects your complexion against the suns rays *and* blue light, the latter being especially helpful for folks who sit plopped in front of a computer screen all day...or spend hours scrolling past TikTok. The reason behind your staring at a device doesn't matter! What matters is, this holy grail truly works.
Promising review: "This is the BEST sunscreen I have ever used! It leaves ZERO white cast. It has no sunscreen scent. In fact, it doesn't really smell like anything, which is great because I hate fragrances in my skincare. It protects from blue light from electronic devices which is great because it doesn't feel like a waste of sunscreen since I only have a 10-minute drive to work, but I'm in front of a computer all day." —Renee Rounds
Get it from Amazon for $45.99.
4. Dr. Jart Cicapair Color Correcting Treatment SPF30 contains a major superstar ingredient: tiger grass (centella asiatica). This green-to-beige product remedies redness, helps heal sensitive skin, and covers up pimples — no heavy, crease-y concealer necessary.
Promising review: "I try to stay away from concealer and foundation because of my acne and sensitive skin, so I was excited to try this after a friend recommended it. Long story short, it exceeded my expectations. Covers redness AND reduces the appearance of blemishes, plus it doesn’t clog my pores." —ingridswim7
Get it from Sephora for $18+ (available in two sizes).
5. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion – it's about to become the *only* thing that matters in the morning (the exception being caffeine). One swipe contains hyaluronic acid and ceramides to leave your complexion feeling hydrated and supple, but the real winner here? SPF30. Your sunscreen will have been applied along with your moisturizer.
6. Full Spectrum 360-degree Sun Silk Drops provide SPF30 with a lightweight, serum-like formula that effectively combats blue light, infrared, and pollution. The best part? A combo of hyaluronic acid and Neroli flower extract work to hydrate and soothe, aka this is just the ticket for folks with dry skin.
7. EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 enlists the help of sodium hyaluronate for moisture and lactic acid, the latter of which is a *whiz* at keeping pores clog-free and reducing shine. Reviewers with rosacea also *swear* that it keeps redness and inflammation at bay.
Promising review: "Let me start off by saying I have sensitive skin that is easily prone to hyperpigmentation/ rosacea. Also, I’ve always dreaded and (unfortunately, avoided) putting sunscreen on my face my whole life. I hated how much greasier my already greasy skin looked. I disliked the smell, how it felt, everything. Fast forward to using this sunscreen and I ACTUALLY LOOK FORWARD TO PUTTING IT ON. I’ve even applied it on days I don’t plan to go outside because of how moisturizing it is, my skin comes alive when I apply it. There’s no strong smell, I sometimes have allergic reactions to perfume-y smells. It’s not greasy. DOESN’T leave your face white like other sunscreens." —Rebecca
Get it from Amazon for $37.
8. Ilia Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 Foundation laughs in the face of cake- foundation with a dewy formula consisting of squalane, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acids. This trio hydrates, smoothes, and visibly plumps your complexion and provides sheer coverage with an au naturale finish.
Promising review: "I'm in love. This foundation is so light and provides just the right amount of coverage and glow for everyday wear. When you first apply the foundation it does feel a little greasy, but somehow throughout the day it becomes slightly more matte (this is NOT a matte look, if that's what you're looking for I love Estee Lauder Double Wear). I have rosacea and am so thankful this has a high mineral SPF! Chemical sunscreens make me breakout, but I need daily SPF to keep my redness at bay." —Bbweasel
Get it from Sephora for $48 (available in 30 colors).
9. Coppertone Limited Edition Ultra Guard SPF 70 does. not. play. when it comes to protecting your bod. With a water-resistant formula that doesn't budge for up to 80 minutes, rest assured that beach days won't result in having to sit slathered in aloe vera (due to painful redness).
Promising review: "This stuff is amazing! I applied 20 minutes before sun exposure at the Dead Sea and touched up with Touché Sun Dry Oil Spray SPF 15 throughout six hours in the hot Jordanian sun. My very fair skin didn’t burn - at all, even after swimming in two pools and then lathering up with Dead Sea mud. The frickin’ DEAD SEA and its insane sun couldn’t beat the Coppertone Ultra Guard Sunscreen SPF 70." —Karbo
Get it from Amazon for $14.59.
10. Glossier Invisible Shield uses an SPF 35 water-gel formula that absorbs into your skin like *snaps finger* that. It plays perfectly well under makeup (whether full-coverage foundation or light concealer), which means you won't have any 12 p.m. pilling or creasing.
Promising review: "I've been searching for the longest time for a sunscreen that doesn't feel greasy, make me oily, or cause me to breakout. I was hesitant to purchase this because of the higher price point and small size, but it is totally worth it. This is the only sunscreen I've tried that feels nice on my skin! I use it daily and haven't experienced any breakouts or sunburn." —mckenna
Get it from Glossier for $25.
To get more scoop on this brand, check out all the Glossier products we love.
11. Black Girl Sunscreen (SPF 30) dries *completely* clear and leaves not even the slightest whisper of white cast behind. It's made by women of color and contains jojoba and avocado that soothes, moisturizes, and protects with one pass.
Promising review: "I know as women of color we worry about that ashy/white cast type of look when we put on sunscreen or looking oily, but this sunscreen doesn’t cause either one of those things to happen. It blends into the skin very well immediately, it doesn’t have that sterling sunscreen smell and a little goes a very long way. I highly recommend!" —Kayla
Black Girl Sunscreen is a Black woman-owned brand based in Miami. The brand's products are cruelty-free and formulated without parabens.
12. Sun Bum SPF 15 Tinted Lip Balm because raise your hand if your pout has ever suffered the consequences of too much beach time. Lip sunburn is real, folks! Glide on this hypoallergenic, water and sweat-resistant formula for protection and be treated to a glossy tint in the process.
13. Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++ is a splurge-worthy formula that won't leave behind a film of sticky, greasy residue. This even blurs pores and doubles as a makeup primer to ensure that your foundation stays put all 👏 damn 👏 day 👏.
14. Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 blends French Polynesian Kopara and vitamin C, the result being a brighter (and more hydrated!) complexion. This bb even provides buildable and oil-free coverage that banishes unevenness sans heavy foundation.
Promising review: "I have super sensitive/combo skin and have been on the hunt for a good tinted SPF. This one is AMAZING. It provides high coverage for a tinted SPF so a little goes a long way. It basically melts into my skin, so it doesn’t look like I’m wearing anything and just have beautiful glowing even-toned skin. I love it." —CMoney5
Get it from Sephora for $45 (available in 15 shades).