We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to share the moments in Friends that they've found problematic while rewatching in 2018. Here are some of the best responses.
1. The whole "male nanny" debacle.
2. Pretty much everything about "Fat Monica."
3. The treatment of Chandler's dad throughout the show.
4. Ross's absurd jealousy and possessiveness over Rachel when she's working for Mark.
5. The objectification of women by the male characters.
6. And the fact that the objectification often bordered on harassment. Take this scene, for example.
7. As well as this one.
8. Joey's sexism going unchecked.
9. Ross's failure to understand consent.
10. The constant examples of fragile masculinity.
11. The anti-gay jokes and comments.
12. The lack of diversity in both the main and ensemble cast.
13. The treatment of Carol and Susan's relationship.
14. And the way lesbianism is used as a punchline generally.
15. Ross trying to hook up with his cousin.
16. Rachel sacrificing her dream job to be with Ross.
17. Ross pretending to be a masseur because he finds the "client" attractive.