33 Ryan Reynolds Facts That Prove He Really Is That Weird
Did you know he can say every curse word in Greek?
4. Reynolds played football for nine years.
5. As a little kid, Reynolds would pull all of the marshmallows out of a box of Lucky Charms and put them in a new box so that the new box would have double the amount of marshmallows.
6. When he pierced his ears as a kid, his brothers also pierced their ears so that their dad wouldn't be as angry at him.
10. He was trying to get Deadpool made for 11 years.
11. An executive saw his performance in Blade: Trinity and thought he would be perfect to play Deadpool. He sent him a bunch of comics, which lead Reynolds to fall in love with the character. Ironically, in the first one he opened, Deadpool described himself as looking like a cross between Ryan Reynolds and a Shar-Pei.
12. He created his Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts just to promote Deadpool.
13. Reynolds said that he kept the stuffed unicorn wearing leather chaps that Deadpool carries around in the movie. He also said that he "waited 10 years to do the film so [he's] keeping the fucking suit."
14. The suit is now on a mannequin in his basement and it terrifies his daughters.
18. When he was 19, he left college to go to LA to pursue acting and didn't tell his family until he was already in LA.
19. He was hoping to make it as a stand-up comedian in LA.
20. For two years, Reynolds worked at a grocery store from midnight to 8 a.m. to save enough money to go to LA.
21. His first role was on the Canadian soap opera Hillside, which was known as Fifteen in the US.
22. The first time he was recognized was when he was 15. A kid at McDonald’s recognized him from Hillside and asked for his autograph.
23. He broke a vertebrae while diving off a bridge in Zurich.
24. In honor of his father, who had Parkinson's, Reynolds ran in the New York City Marathon to raise money for the Michael J. Fox Foundation.
26. He took a Red Cross class and is CPR certified!
27. He once snuck into a movie theater to see Stand By Me because it was rated R and he was too young to go in.
29. Before they started dating, Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively went on a double date, but they weren't actually each other's dates.
30. Alanis Morissette wrote her song "Torch" about her and Reynolds' breakup.