18 Horrifyingly Dark Moments In Kids' Movies That Come Out Of Absolutely Nowhere
Y'all already know the Pink Elephants are on this list.
We recently asked members of our BuzzFeed Community, "What's the most unexpectedly dark scene and/or moment to ever appear in a film for kids?" and they really delivered the WTF. Here are just a few of the most traumatizing moments named:
WARNING: Due to the nature of this post, there are some mentions of sensitive content (including suicide). Please proceed with caution.
1. Clayton's death, Tarzan (1999)
2. The hellish nightmare, All Dogs Go to Heaven (1989)
3. The scream-sucker, Monsters, Inc. (2001)
4. Hellfire, The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)
5. The shoe's dip, Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (1988)
6. Leslie's drowning, Bridge to Terabithia (2007)
7. The opening sequence, Up (2009)
8. The marionettes, Polar Express (2004)
9. The Walrus and Carpenter, Alice in Wonderland (1951)
10. Todd's abandonment, The Fox and the Hound (1989)
11. Tadashi's sudden death, Big Hero 6 (2014)
12. A Girl Worth Fighting For, Mulan (1998)
13. Donald's hunger, Mickey and the Beanstalk (1947)
14. Pink elephants on parade, Dumbo (1941)
15. The hanging rats, Ratatouille (2007)
16. The child catcher, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (1968)
17. The attempted suicide, The Incredibles (2004)
18. The whole freakin' movie, Madeline: Lost in Paris (1999)
Now it's your turn! What scene in a kids movie came out of absolutely no where to traumatize you?! Share yours in the comments below for a chance to be featured in an upcoming BuzzFeed Community post and/or video!
Some entries have been edited for length and/or clarity.