People Are Sharing The Most Heartbreaking Songs Of All Time, And — If You'll Excuse Me — I Need To Go Sob In A Bathroom Somewhere
Just be sure to grab some tissues before clicking on this one!
In a viral thread this week, redditor u/humanbean07 asked, "What song breaks your heart every time you hear it?" and people really came through with some absolute tearjerkers!
So — with that in mind — here are just a few of the songs that never fail to break people's hearts, no matter how many times they've heard them*:
*Before we begin, a light CONTENT WARNING: Due to the nature of this post and the question being answered, several responses include personal stories — some of which mention death. Please proceed with caution, and take care of yourself!
1. "Rainbow Connection" by Kermit the Frog:
2. "These Are the Days of Our Lives" by Queen:
3. "When She Loved Me" from Toy Story 2:
4. "Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole:
5. "I Will Follow You Into the Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie:
6. "I Can’t Make You Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt:
7. "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen:
8. "Remember Me" from Coco:
9. “Your Song” by Elton John:
10. "Adam's Song" by Blink-182:
11. "He Stopped Loving Her Today" by George Jones:
12. "In My Life" by the Beatles:
13. "Ronan" by Taylor Swift:
14. "Purple Rain" by Prince:
15. "Hate Me" by Blue October:
16. "Dance With My Father" by Luther Vandross:
17. "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic:
18. "Dear Mama" by Tupac:
19. "It’s Quiet Uptown" from Hamilton:
20. "Lucky" by Britney Spears:
21. And finally — "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman:
All right, you've read their picks, but now it's YOUR turn. What's a song that never fails to break your heart and/or make you cry? Share your pick or picks in the comments below!
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity. H/T: AskReddit.