15 Fan Theories So Darn Good, You'll Never Be Able To Watch These Movies The Same Way Again
Don't worry, none of them are "They were dead the whole time."
Hello, fellow movie lovers! We're once again taking a deep dive back down into our personal favorite corner of Reddit — the subreddit r/FanTheories — to examine even more of the wildest fan theories out there about some of our favorite films!
Ready? I sure hope so! Here we go:
1. In The Matrix, the "blue pill" was actually a poison that would've killed Neo rather than send him back.
4. The Handbook for the Recently Deceased in Beetlejuice is needlessly complicated on purpose — unless you’re truly "strange and unusual."
6. In the Terminator franchise, Terminators are unwilling slaves forced against their will to serve Skynet.
8. In The Blair Witch Project, Mike and Josh used Heather's interest in making a documentary to trick her into the woods to murder her.
10. The shooting range test in Men in Black was never about shooting at all — it was about bullshitting.
11. Aunt Bethany in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation seems so disoriented because she's the only one sensitive to the shifting Griswold Multiverse.
15. And finally — Dumbledore is Death from "The Tale of the Three Brothers" story in the Harry Potter franchise.
Which fan theory listed is your favorite? Do you have a wild fan theory of your own? Share yours in the comments below! OH, and be sure to check out r/fantheories for even more fun!
Note: Some fan theories have been edited for length and/or clarity.