We recently took a look at some of the very best movie fan theories that our personal favorite subreddit, r/FanTheories, had to offer — but that was just the tip of the iceberg!
So, with that in mind, here are even MORE of the most creative, mind-blowing fan theories out there:
1. The bat signal is NOT a signal for Batman at all, but a warning shot for criminals from the Gotham Police Department.
2. The John Wick franchise will span five films, and each film will represent a different stage of grief.
3. Obi-Wan Kenobi wasn't lying or forgetful in Star Wars, and he DID recognize R2-D2.
4. Peter Parker's ability to create and repair his own high-quality costumes are just another facet of his new superpowers.
5. Mr. Incredible defeated the first Omnidroid with ease in The Incredibles because it was not actually meant for him — but for Frozone.
6. Night missions are against the rules in Avatar not because they're more dangerous, but because the powers that be are worried the beauty of the land at night may sway their soldiers' motives.
7. Simba is directly responsible for causing the drought in The Lion King.
8. Captain America in Avengers: Endgame proves that Vision was never ACTUALLY "worthy."
9. Sadness and Anger pilot the parents' brains in Inside Out because they are the starting point for deeper, more complex emotions that have evolved into OTHER emotions entirely.
10. Fight Club is even more meta than it already seems, and Tyler Durden's appearance in the film is — literally — meant to be Brad Pitt, the actor.
11. Sid became a garbage man on purpose in Toy Story 3 to accomplish one goal: to stop toys from being mistreated and thrown away.
12. Inigo Montoya lost to the "Man in Black"/Westley in The Princess Bride not because he was a worse fighter, but because he was sober.
13. And finally — the reason the Dementors are so preoccupied with Harry in the Harry Potter series is because he, technically, has 1.125 of a soul.
Which fan theory listed is YOUR favorite? Do you have a wild fan theory of your own? Share yours in the comments below! BLOW SOME MINDS!!! And be sure to check out r/FanTheories for even more fun!
Some fan theories were edited for length and/or clarity. H/T Reddit.