1. Fresh off its debut at Comic-Con this weekend, the first teaser trailer for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies was released to the public on Monday and it’s as outsized as J.R R. Tolkien’s epic fantasy saga.
2. The movie is the third and final installment of Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit trilogy, and the teaser offers glimpses of all the characters, as well as some mourning, reflection, massive battles, and even a glimpse of the Eye of Sauron.
3. “Will you follow me, one last time?”
Why yes, Thorin, yes we will.
4. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, which stars Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins, Ian McKellen as Gandalf, Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield, Evangeline Lilly as Tauriel, and Orlando Bloom as Legolas, opens in the U.S. on Dec. 17.
- Oops: "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳 ⁉️
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲