1. Fresh off its debut at Comic-Con this weekend, the first teaser trailer for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies was released to the public on Monday and it’s as outsized as J.R R. Tolkien’s epic fantasy saga.
2. The movie is the third and final installment of Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit trilogy, and the teaser offers glimpses of all the characters, as well as some mourning, reflection, massive battles, and even a glimpse of the Eye of Sauron.
3. “Will you follow me, one last time?”
Why yes, Thorin, yes we will.
4. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, which stars Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins, Ian McKellen as Gandalf, Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield, Evangeline Lilly as Tauriel, and Orlando Bloom as Legolas, opens in the U.S. on Dec. 17.
- Some Bernie-or-Busters protested Hillary Clinton's DNC speech, but a tightly organized plan — from coordinated chants to secret allies — kept heckling off TV.
- Two brothers suspected of planning terror attacks have been arrested in Belgium, prosecutors say.
- Four people in Florida are likely the first to contract the Zika virus from mosquitos in the US, the state's governor says.