The Fifth Estate is a film that will ultimately cause controversy: whether you believe Assange to be a hero, a traitor, a cautionary tale, a necessary evil, or an egomaniacal control freak, one thing is certain: homeboy has some seriously scene-stealing locks. You’d think, with the Internet’s favorite human in the role (Benedict Cumberbatch) that these follicle foibles would take a back seat, but oh no: not even Sherlock himself can take center stage away from the myriad of heady moments set forth in the film’s new trailer.
And let me tell you, we’ve got some questions.
2. It starts out normally enough…
A simple, unshowy look juxtaposed to a man at the height of his notoriety.
3. Things quickly take a turn, towards the unwashed and stringy.
4. Hey, hair: what did it feel like to be so exposed in such an unkept state?
5. Is Benedict Cumberbatch’s hair being method?
7. The hair isn’t all on the same page, though: Single strands reach out, desperate for attention.
9. Hey, hair: what was your inspiration for this scene?
Man on the run? 90s grunge band? A frazzled-but-fascinating mastermind? House Targaryen?
10. Seriously, though: Is it white? Blonde? Silver? See-through?
14. That hair isn’t just full of secrets, it IS the secret!
16. Even shrouded in darkness, it’s still the star of the show.
18. When going incognito, it’s all you can think about.
How scared was the hair in the making of this scene?
20. Hey, Hair, what did it feel like, going through such varying transformations throughout the film?
21. Even the ‘mushroom’ phase had a life of its own, with varying lengths.
22. Was ‘the mushroom’ your darkest moment or your crowning glory?
24. Regardless, this much is true: the hair’s ready for its close-up, Mr. DeMille.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by the standards of the position.
- A Trump adviser is presenting himself as an unlikely go-between in an effort to help global elites understand Trump.
- Birth control startups are seeing a spike in demand because many women are nervous coverage will disappear under Trump.
- You can now dig through the CIA's secret history. 12 millions declassified docs are on the internet for all to see 🤓📚