21 Rites Of Passage For Everyone Who Went To School In Britain
Sitting at the back of the bus on a school trip = the holy grail.
1. Having to wear uniform three sizes too big for you because your mum said you'd "grow into it".
2. Accidentally playing with something fun and squidgy under your desk, only to realise it was someone's old gum.
3. Getting banned from the school "nature area" because it had become so overgrown it probably had grass snakes in.
4. Dying from embarrassment during the parents' races on sports day.
5. Trading your horrible sandwich for a different horrible sandwich on the coach to your school trip.
6. Waiting for ages on the coach before leaving for the school trip because no one knew where that one kid was.
7. Staining your history project with a tea bag, and burning the edges with your dad's lighter.
8. Getting held behind at break with the rest of your class because one person had done something really naughty and no one would admit it.
9. Getting a brand new textbook for the very first time.
10. Spilling your drink inside your school bag and soaking all of your books.
You'd realise it had come undone when you felt your bum getting wet even though it wasn't raining.