26 Thoughts You Have When Listening To 10 Hours Of Tom DeLonge’s “I Miss You” Verse
Blink-182, you're so haunting every time.
Back in February, comedian Nathan Fielder tweeted out a request for a 10-hour loop of Tom DeLonge's verse on Blink-182's 2004 classic, "I Miss You."
1. [00:03:01] I'd forgotten that I liked this song!
2. [00:10:03] Why does he pronounce "head" as "yed"? Is that pop punk?
3. [00:18:28] Am I pop punk?
4. [00:25:01] Pop punk guys are so cute.
5. [00:30:02] I just realized I don't know the actual lyrics, so I'm going to look them up.
Here's a sample:
And as I stared I counted /
Webs from all the spiders /
Catching things and eating their insides
6. [00:45:13] So, wait. Does he like or hate this person?
7. [01:12:04] I don't remember a time in my life that I wasn't listening to this song.
8. [01:33:17] I forgot I was listening to anything. It's as if this song is just part of my reality.
9. [02:18:55] Tom DeLonge is officially the voice inside my yed.
10. [02:33:42] Do you love Tom's bangs in this video?
11. [03:01:37] OK, so, hold up. Why are the spiders in this song only eating their prey's insides? Seems wasteful.
12. [03:32:21] I can't get over the "voice of treason" thing. Like. Is she a liar? And, if so, why is HE the one who's sorry?
I really feel like I need some footnotes or an epilogue for this song.
13. [04:03:59] People really don't wear lip rings as much as they used to. Does the hole just close up? Does it leave a mark? Should I pierce my lip?
14. [04:39:18] I feel like we, as listeners, need to know what Tom is "sorry" about in this song.
15. [05:01:22] Where am I.
16. [05:38:11] I've changed my name to Tom.
17. [06:06:19] I honestly don't understand why people wouldn't believe there's at least the possibility of life on other planets.
Like, it seems really selfish and implausible that, in the entirety of the universe, we're the only planet with intelligent ("intelligent," lol) life.