Disney Has Finally Created A Latina Princess
The 16-year-old princess will have her own Disney Junior show in 2016.
Here's a look at Disney's first Latina princess. Hi Elena!
Viewers will meet her for the first time in an upcoming episode of Sofia the First.
Here's what we know about Elena:
- She's 16.
- She comes from the Kingdom of Avalor.
- She is, according to Disney, "inspired by diverse Latin cultures and folklore."
- She'll be introduced in a special episode of the Disney Junior series Sofia the First in 2016.
- She'll have her own series, Elena of Avalor, also kicking off in 2016.
- She battled an evil sorceress named Shuriki.
- She has a little sister, Princess Isabel, her grandfather Tito, and her grandmother Cici.
- In trying to save her family from Shuriki, she was pulled into her own magical amulet. You know, princess stuff.
- Princess Sofia, who now wears the amulet, restores Elena to her human form and helps her return to Avalor.
- Elena's best friends are Mateo, who is training to be a wizard, and Skylar, a flying creature.