1. Meet Chris Stoyanov, 30, from Woking, Surrey.
4. It left him with a huge bald patch.
5. Plastic surgeon Niall Kirkpatrick came up with this solution: a balloon gradually inflated with water to stretch the remaining skin on his scalp.
6. Chris says: “As the lump got bigger I tried to hide it with hats - which was a bit difficult because it was the middle of summer and it was boiling hot.”
7. The hair began to grow back. He now has a full head of hair.
He says: “I had begun to think that I would be in and out of hospital forever and that I would have to buy an endless supply of baseball caps to hide my scalp from everyone. But this has really changed my life. It really is unbelievable and I’m so grateful.”