Over the last few days, online complaints have flooded in to Clintons Cards over this card, which purports to explain why Santa "must live on a council estate".
The 10 reasons it gives are:
1. He has a serial record for breaking and entering!
2. He uses various wild animals to pull his sleigh
3. He only works once a year
4. He's never actually been seen doing any work in his whole life
5. He drinks alcohol during working hours
6. He barely leaves his home for fear of being recognised
7. He wears the same out-of-fashion clothes everyday and never washes them
8. He uses loads of different names and aliases purely for his own gain!
9. He gets letters from lot [sic] of people, all demanding that he owes them things!
10. He can get hold of all the latest designer gear but never pays a penny for it!
Needless to say people were hugely offended by the "jokes".
And now it's been removed from sale.
The sales site text now reads:
We apologise but this card in our range has been withdrawn. It is in no way reflective of our views and we apologise without reservation. We are investigating how this offensive card got through our quality control procedures, which we will review and tighten as a result of this incident. This was a mistake and we deeply regret the upset that this has clearly caused.