1. Dutch artist Noortje de Keijzer knitted a life-size man as part of her design school graduation.
“I created Arthur because I felt like it was time for a man in my life,” she told OPTIONS, a design shop in Amsterdam where the work was displayed last summer. “I could say that’s a joke, but it is partly true. I’ve always been interested in loneliness. I felt very lonely at times, and I’m sure everybody feels lonely from time to time. The strange part is that it seems like it’s an emotion nobody really talks about. As if it’s something to be ashamed of, a bad feeling that should always be avoided.”
2. de Keijzer’s mother and grandmother knitted the initial prototype.
And knitwear designer Sarena Huizinga knitted subsequent versions on an industrial knitting machine: “Partly because of practical reasons,” de Keijzer said, “and partly because I found it an exciting idea that a knitted man could just come out of a machine in one piece in a very short time, as if he was being born!”
3. She made this unbelievably delightful video.
- The FBI is investigating after 11 Jewish community centers across the United States received bomb threats on Monday.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎