1. Nineteen transsexual contestants competed in the Miss T Brasil pageant for the title of “Miss Transsexual 2012.”
The pageant, which took place this week at the Teatro João Caetano in Rio de Janiero, is the first of its kind in Brazil. Barbara Aires, the head of the Association of Transsexuals and Transvestites in Rio, told the AFP that the organization’s goal is to gain visibility, and to show that transsexual and transgender people should be able to choose their own profession independent of stereotypes or prejudices.
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Famine in South Sudan has left 100,000 people facing starvation and nearly 8 million in need of immediate assistance, UN agencies say.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it's the definition of friendship goals 😎