1. Assemble your troops.
All photos from this week’s Up Helly Aa festival in Lerwick, Shetland Islands. The festival, according to Getty, “celebrates the influence of the Scandinavian Vikings in the Shetland Islands and culminates with up to 1,000 ‘guizers’ (men in costume) throwing flaming torches into their Viking longboat and setting it alight later in the evening.”
2. No matter how young.
3. Seriously, age is no object.
4. Dress in the proper gear.
Putting the “swag” in “skaal.”
5. Get your hair did.
A Viking without braids is no Viking at all.
6. It’s OK to swap hats with the police officers on duty.
Just make sure you get yours back.
7. Brush up on street-style trends with the latest issue of NORSEMAG.
That’s not real, I made it up — but if only.
8. Pick the right ship.
Longboats are traditional.
9. Prepare your torches.
10. Form a circle.
11. And throw!
We cannot reiterate strongly enough that you should not try this at home. Also, you probably don’t have chain mail or a longboat, so it’s moot.
- US Republicans are working overnight trying to finalize a deal that'd allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- A top Democrat said there's "more than circumstantial evidence" that Trump's campaign colluded with Russia during the election.
- London police say eight arrests were made in connection to the Parliament attack. At least three people died and 29 others were injured.
- A 4-month-old golden retriever named after Joe Biden got to meet and even lick the former vice president at the Capitol today 🐶❤️