Let's be honest, '90s witches gifted us with an aesthetic we're still trying to achieve today.
It is the true landscape of our souls.
And Practical Magic is PEAK casual '90s witch aesthetic. It presented a world we're still eager to lose ourselves in.
1. This movie was, after all, the site of the blessed union between '90s goddesses Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman.
2. Nicole's Gillian Owens embodied everything brassy and unapologetic...
3. While Sandra's Sally Owens embodied looking fly in maxi skirts and gazing windswept and soulfully into the horizon.
4. They were raised by the best matriarchs of all time – Stockard Channing and Dianne Wiest. They look like they stepped out of an Edwardian dramedy in which they were husband-stealing widows.
5. Let's face it: These kids were sad because of that whole orphan thing, but their lives were GOALS.
6. And this sisterhood was so deep and so real you couldn't help but want to be a part of it.
7. They made fire with their breath. THEY LITERALLY BREATHED FIRE. BEAUTIFUL, GRACEFUL 🔥.
8. WHO ISN'T STILL ENVIOUS OF THAT CHILL DAY-TO-DAY MAGIC??
9. And you will literally never convince me that that margarita scene doesn't make you want to get up and dance with your entire house. At midnight.
10. Practical Magic believed in love in that big, sweeping way. Who doesn't want to live all up in that?
11. Sure, it also acknowledged that sometimes shit can get really ugly – but it also showed how a support system can combat that.
There's always going to be a shitty side. But the Owens sisters showed us the true love #goals in this movie. (Disclaimer: Legally I feel I should tell you not to murder anyone.)