We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to show us the most early 2000s photos they have of themselves. Here are their iconic submissions:
1. "Trucker hat, men’s tie, polo shirt, name necklace, and a tiny purse. The early 2000s threw up all over me."
2. "Nothing screams early 2000s like gauchos, a half jean jacket, and a sick Pirates of the Caribbean tank top."
3. "This picture is me headed to my first winter ball as a sixth grader. Mom curled pieces of my hair with my favorite Mary-Kate and Ashley spiral curling iron."
4. "Just before I got my chunky highlights."
5. "I thought I was so fly."
6. "Just look at that Blackberry and cinch belt!"
7. "That phone though — and OMG the image resolution!"
8. "Lord, help me."
9. "Rock and roll was not dead."
10. "Me and my best guy friend during my gothic/emo stage."
11. "My scene phase, which I wasn't very good at."
12. "I was in college and wore these fake glasses all the time."
13. "Simpler times."
14. "All these mirror selfies and not caring who saw the explosion that was my bedroom."
15. "The worst hair and hoop earrings. Ugh, I thought I was so hot back then."
16. "Landline phone, Beanie Babies, Blink-182 poster, raccoon-style eyeliner, and eyebrows so thin you can barely see."
17. "Solo photoshoots sitting on the sink at my college dorm."
18. "Oversized woven belt on top of my moody, grumpy bear t-shirt with a lace cami poking out of the bottom."
19. "I was about 17 and this was my emo phase. This picture was taken on my hot pink digital camera and edited on my old computer to make it look edgier. I actually thought I looked good!"
20. "The highlights, the Hollister hoodie, the duckface. Oof. This was a phase that I needed to go through...but boy, am I glad it’s over!"
Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.