1. So, The Purge: Anarchy is coming out on July 18 and, like its predecessor, it is about a night where all crime is legal for 12 hours. Here is the trailer!
2. We received a crazytown pitch about the movie. Here it is!
POLL: How would a Latino purge?
Universal Picture’s upcoming thriller The Purge:Anarchy is the second installment for the franchise arriving in theaters on July 18th. If the storyline of this film were to be true and you are given your annual right to purge during 12 hours (all crimes including murder will be legal), as a Latino, what would you do to celebrate this yearly tradition established by the new founders of America?
In our Latin culture we tend to handle most situations differently from any other ethnic group and because of this we would like to encourage you to create a poll tied to the release of the film. This could either be via your website and/or radio show where you ask your readers/followers/listeners how they would purge if they had to be part of this annually? Another way to get the conversation started is via your social media pages by using the hashtags #PurgeAnarchyPoll and #PurgeAnarchy.
Would they go out and seek revenge, kill, rape, steal or stay locked-up at home? Would the Latino men kill their annoying ‘suegras’ (mother in laws) or kill their horrible boss? Would the ladies kill their cheating novio (boyfriend) or the girl he cheated with? Would the unemployed family steal food from a supermarket to feed their kids? The questions and answers are endless and you can design the poll to what works best for your outlet.
PLEASE REPLY TO CONFIRM IF YOU COULD CREATE A POLL TIED TO THE RELEASE OF THE FILM AND THE RUN DATE. IF YES, PLEASE BE SURE TO FORWARD A LINK/PDF FOR YOUR PIECE/SEGMENT ONCE IT BECOMES AVAILABLE. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE PREFER FOR THESE POLLS TO TAKE PLACE DURING OPENING WEEK (JULY 14 - 18). THANKS!
3. Let’s unpack some key parts!
9. “The questions and answers are endless and you can design the poll to what works best for your outlet.”
The third-party publicist who sent the email, who is Latina, said the pitch does not represent the company’s views about Latinos.
“Just wanted to let you know that this pitch was conceived as a conversation starter with the goal of creating buzz for the film in a culturally relevant way,” she told BuzzFeed in an email. “It does not represent my personal views on Latinos nor those of the studio but instead centered on the film’s original and much talked about controversial premise: during 12 hours, once a year, all crimes are legal.”
- Thousands made it to the Women's March on Washington on Saturday to stand up for women's rights and protest Donald Trump.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference on Saturday to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics during a visit to CIA headquarters.
- "Saturday Night Live" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.