1. Save Points
Most useful when: you have a huge test coming up. Or a big date coming up. Or really anything you wish you could rewind for.
2. Invincibility Stars from the Mario Series
Most useful when: your significant other says, “We need to talk…”
3. The Portal Gun from Portal
Most useful when: you’re trying to cross the street and the light is taking FOR. EVER. to change.
4. Potions from Final Fantasy
Most useful when: it’s 3:30 PM and you’re dying at your work desk, this close to death.
5. Red Turtle Shells from Mario Kart
Most useful when: people on the street are walking too damn slow and you wish you could eject them from the race.
6. Escape Ropes from Pokémon
Most useful when: literally any awkward situation arises. You can just be like see ya and escape.
7. The Ocarina from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Most useful when: when you need to get somewhere fast. Late for work? Play a warping song. Done and done.
8. The Kinesis Module from Dead Space
Most useful when: you’re comfy on the couch, but there’s food across the room, and you just don’t wanna get up.
9. Poké Balls from Pokémon
Most useful when: you need to take the cat to the vet for shots, and you’d rather not wrangle her into a carrier.
What are some inventions from video games that you wish existed in real life?
- One person died and 108 were injured after a commuter train crashed into a New Jersey Transit station in Hoboken on Thursday morning.
- Fans of Donald Trump say Bill Clinton's past indiscretions are fair game at the next debate.
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.