1. So a crapload of stuff went down last season on Homeland. Before Season 3 begins on Sunday, Sept. 29, here is everything you need to know:
3. But a vital CIA contact in Beirut would only talk with Carrie, so off she went to the Middle East. And at first, she was happy!
5. Meanwhile, Nicholas Brody (Damian Lewis) had become a U.S. congressman…
6. …but he was also still an al-Qaeda mole, with a new contact — Roya Hammad (Zuleikha Robinson), a respected TV journalist who we learned almost nothing about for the rest of the season.
Robinson had an equally thankless role on Lost. She is cornering the market on thankless roles of mysterious women whose main function is to forward the plot!
7. Also, Brody’s wife Jessica (Morena Baccarin) finally learned her husband is a Muslim, thanks to an outburst from their daughter Dana (Morgan Saylor) at school.
Speaking of Dana, she had a terrible, terrible subplot about getting into a hit-and-run with the vice president’s son, and we will speak of it no more.
10. And if there was any doubt that Brody was still a threat, while transporting the tailor of his suicide vest to a safe house, he fucked it up so royally that he ended up killing the man, in the woods, in the rain, while on the phone with his wife.
Did I mention that Vice President Walden (Jamey Sheridan) was considering Brody as a possible vice presidential candidate?
11. Saul and David Estes (David Harewood) agreed to surveil Brody for the time being, bringing Carrie on the team. But Estes insisted that an “analyst” named Peter Quinn (Rupert Friend) should run the op.
Some fans spent the rest of the reason secretly shipping Quinn and Carrie, or Quinn and Saul. Basically, wishing Quinn was shirtless more often. These fans are just human. Don’t judge them.
12. Other shows would have spent the rest of the season hunting Brody. Instead, after one encounter with Brody in a hotel bar, Carrie blew the mission, and brought Brody in. Holy crap!
14. Some other big things that went down in Season 2: Quinn and CIA operative Danny Galvez (Hrach Titizian) were almost killed in an ambush…
16. …and Brody discovered the show’s Big Bad, Abu Nazir (Navid Negahban), was miraculously in the United States! Holy shit!
17. Meanwhile, Saul met with Quinn’s real boss, a hard bitten CIA spook named Dar Adal (F. Murray Abraham), who revealed Quinn is really a black ops assassin.
A sexy black ops assassin.
24. And then BOOM!
26. And Brody is suspect No. 1.
His car was the one that blew up in front of CIA HQ, even though that is not where Brody parked it. But Brody’s suicide video was finally released to the public, making it seem like this was his plan all along.
29. The Season 3 premiere of Homeland airs on Sunday, Sept. 29, at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
- We've compiled an extensive (but not exhaustive) list of lies, exaggerations, and bullshit from Trump's first 100 days in office 💯
- An admitted fraudster has access to Trump through his wife's job at Mar-a-Lago — and he's tried to use it to his advantage.
- Beginning in 2018, prescription drugs will be free for anyone under the age of 25 in Ontario, Canada, government says.
- President Trump can order himself a Coke with the simple push of a red button installed at his desk in the Oval Office 🔴