1. Christmas cards are so much better when there's a couple involved.
But please don't be this guy.
2. Christmas-themed rom-coms only enhance your loneliness awareness. Like this one:
And this one:
Definitely can't get away from this one:
3. Everyone knows December marks the start of engagement season.
4. And don't even get me started on family gatherings.
5. All the couples exchanging gifts are like:
6. But if you're lucky maybe a fellow single person will be there too.
7. Prepare for the awkward questions such as, "Are you seeing anyone special right now?"
8. Or "What happened to that lovely boy/girl from last year?"
9. And everyone totally judges you for trying to drink away the agony.
10. Then, of course, there's the whole New Year's Eve thing.
11. No matter where you go that night there will be couples all in your face.
12. Everyone tells you to settle and spend New Year's with that person you've been seeing every now and then when you're bored on a Friday night.
13. You always contemplate boycotting festivities and spending the holidays alone.
14. But then again it's much more fun wrangling all your single friends and going out anyway.
15. Just try not to cry when the ball drops.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!