41 Dresses To Keep On Hand For The Next Wedding You Have To Attend
*checks calendar* Oh, that wedding is next weekend. *Screams*
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women’s.
1. An embellished mesh sleeve bodycon dress giving me true 10/10 vibes. I mean, you'll look (and feel) S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G in this number.
2. An open-back slip dress you won't want to ~slip~ out of at the end of the night, because it's so comfortable. And who even has the energy for that after spending hours killing it on the dance floor?
3. A knee-length floral swing dress all your friends will be messaging you about (asking where you got it from).
Promising review: "You won’t regret purchasing this dress! I purchased the green floral dress and wore it at a wedding and got SO many compliments. The dress is so comfortable and has pockets. It does need a slip." —Yomama
Get it from Amazon for $28.99 (available in sizes 14–24 and in seven colors and patterns).
4. An off-the-shoulder maxi with pockets (!!!) so you don't have to worry about where to put your phone, lipstick, or – of course – tissues. *sniff, sniff*
Promising review: "THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST-BUY. I wore this to a wedding, and I got so many compliments. I will be buying more in other colors. I didn't have to wear a bra either, which is a plus. The elastic is really a life saver. The dress didn't go down to the floor, which was nice because the wedding was outside. YOU NEED THIS DRESS. It's a closet staple." —Shelby
Get it from Amazon for $32.99 (available in sizes XS–XL and in 20 colors and patterns).
5. A cut-out twist midi dress made to be light and airy, so it won't even bother you when the sun is beating down on you during the ceremony. Now you can focus on the groom's reaction to seeing the bride (which is always the best part).
6. A puff-sleeve floral mini dress you can dress with a fun statement heel for the wedding but then also pull out of your closet when your girlfriends remind you that you have brunch plans. We love a dress that can do both!
7. A tie-neck cocktail dress with fun ruffle detailing because it's totally okay to love cheap ~frills~.
8. A giraffe-print mesh dress for when you're feeling a bit ~wild~ — and by wild, I mean having so much fun, but not as much fun as the drunk groomsman who has definitely been served one too many...
9. A V-neck patterned tie-waist dress at such a great price, you won't even care when you accidentally spill a little champagne on it. Whoops!
Promising review: "What can I say, this dress was great. I wore it to a wedding and between guests at the wedding and friends seeing photos on social media, I had a TON of people ask me where I got it. It was perfect for a summer wedding. I wear a size small, and I am 5'7" and had no issue with the fit of the dress. It was still loose which I like with the belt. I'm very satisfied with the dress and especially because of the unbeatable price." —Marney Harlow
Get it from Amazon for $30.99 (available in sizes XS–3X and in 10 patterns).
10. A high-slit midaxi dress you can easily pair with a cardigan if the weather is a bit chillier than you were expecting.
11. A V-neck wrap sweater dress perfect for that late-fall, early-winter wedding when you want to feel stylish but also not freeze the moment you step outside.
12. A wrap maxi dress with a high-low skirt to ensure that you don't have a wardrobe malfunction when someone accidentally steps on the front of your dress. Put on your favorite pair of heels and you'll feel comfortable and confident in this dress the whole time.
13. A sheer panel mermaid dress everyone will ~flip~ over when they see you in it (yes, even the bride), because they'll see just how confident it makes you feel.
14. A crossover V-neck printed stunner just begging for you to take it on the dance floor and show off all your moves.
15. A key-hole maxi dress for when you want to be a little more covered up but still feel amazing.
Promising review: "Ladies, I know you may be contemplating......but buy the damn dress!!! It’s ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!! I wore it to a wedding and got so many compliments. I typically wear a size 12/14 and was nervous about the 1x, but it fit great. It was a little on the long side, but I managed." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $38.99 (available in sizes L–3X Plus and in seven colors).
16. A lace-sleeve chiffon tunic you can wear with or without a belt, so that's basically two dresses in one.
Promising review: "The dress is adorable. I love the vintage-y vibe. It fits my aesthetic perfectly! I'm not sure if I could pull it off for more casual wear like other reviewers, but it's a great cocktail dress. I'm looking forward to wearing it to yet another wedding." —mkejen
Get it from Amazon for $32.99 (available in sizes S–XXL and in four colors).
17. A Hutch tiered maxi dress so cute, you may go out of your way to find the photographer and ask them to take a picture of you. A dress like this needs to be documented!
18. A Frankly dress specifically designed to be worn without a bra so you don't even have to remember to pack one. Just put this dress in the bag, and you'll be G2G, no last-minute scrambling at the hotel required.
19. An off-the-shoulder ruffle bodycon dress you won't have a ~ruff~ time wearing because it will make you feel like a million bucks when you put it on.
20. A puff-sleeve midi dress giving me big "I am the main character of this fairytale" vibes. If the couple was able to find their happily ever after, your prince or princess might be just around the corner, too. Have faith (and maybe a bit of pixie dust, too!).
21. A floral maxi dress you'll really ~bloom~ in because flowers are appropriate for a wedding, no matter what season it is.
Promising review: "I was nervous ordering this for a wedding, but, gah, I love it! I got so many compliments. It’s made of great fabric and is very flattering! I love the pockets. I felt so comfy all night. I'm planning on ordering another in a different color." —Jessica Jeffries
Get it from Amazon for $26.34 (available in sizes S–3X and in 25 patterns).
22. A tank dress so ~red hot~ you'll feel like the dancing girl emoji, you know this one 💃, especially after you start showing everyone up on the dance floor.
23. A high-neck short-sleeve lace cocktail dress you can wear no matter the dress code. Pair this with the right shoes and accessories, and it can go from a beach wedding to a black-tie one.
24. A puff-sleeve striped dress so unique and different, you'll want to wear it to every single wedding you have coming up. Hey, if people can wear the same suit repeatedly, I think it's only fair to wear the same great dress again and again!
25. A V-neck spaghetti strap number that will hug your bod and make you feel amazing. Plus, it comes in so many different colors, you should stock up and wear a different color to every wedding you have on the calendar.
26. A mock neck midi dress you'll turn more heads in than the flower girl. I mean sure, she's cute and all, but when people see you in this number, you might as well just walk down the aisle.
27. A high-low dress you can wear off-the-shoulder or not, because options are great, especially if you're going from a church ceremony to a more relaxed reception.
28. A plunging floral maxi dress truly a stunner for that black-tie wedding you're invited to. And for less than $100? Now that's what we like to call a steal.
29. A three-quarter-sleeve midi number with a very slight puff sleeve for a cute detail that'll help you feel stylish yet covered, which is great for all your October weddings. October is the new June in wedding world, apparently.
30. A lace-tiered midi style basically made to be worn with a glass of champagne in your hand. Talk about classy. Just be sure you have a knife nearby to get those newlyweds to kiss!
31. An A-line swing one because wedding season is in full ~swing~ and wearing this dress will be a no-brainer.
32. A flutter-sleeve wrap dress reviewers say is beautiful to wear at any stage of your life, including pregnancy and post-partum. Keep this in your closet when you need a look that will make you feel like a shining star.
33. A pleated lantern-sleeve pleated-front maxi dress for an elegant look you can wear for your next winter wedding. And when the temperature starts to drop more than the bridesmaids on the dance floor, you want this dress in your corner.
34. A bandage fishtail dress designed to hug all your curves as your friends o-fish-ially become the cutest couple.
Promising review: "This dress is PERFECT! I got compliments on the dress all night. I already knew it would be snug, but with the length and fishtail detail, it was very classy for a wedding. The material and zipper are sturdy and thick. I always buy dresses from this seller, and they never disappoint!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $52.98 (available in sizes XS–XL and eight colors).
35. A long-sleeved scalloped hem a-line that looks like a simple dress from far away, but from close up, everyone will notice the super cool design on the hem!
36. A satin long-sleeved wrap dress in such a gorgeous color you'll ~pink~ it out to wear every chance you get (so to even more events than just weddings).
37. A lace fit and flare that'll really take the cake. Be prepared to be the unofficial best dressed at the wedding. (Other than the bride, of course).
Promising review: "I wore this dress to a wedding and received many compliments. This was my first ever online purchase of a dress, and I was pleasantly surprised at the fit! I have a hard time finding clothes in a store to fit me, let alone expecting something I did not try on to fit! This dress was true to size. I am glad I trusted the description." —Kayak Kim
Get it from Amazon for $38.99 (available in sizes XS–XXL and in five colors).