31 Shoes That'll Look Perfect With A Dress
Suns out, stems out. *Dusts off dresses.*
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. Clogs because who knew a shoe made from wood could be so amazing. These bug-stompers have evolved in style, making them a must-have staple for picnic dresses and brunch dates in the garden.
FYI, this is included in Prime Wardrobe so you can give it a trial run if you're a member!
Promising review: "I love these clogs. I wore them for 10 hours right out of the box with no issues whatsoever. They are cute, super comfy, and feel really good on your feet. The soles are pretty slip proof and the leather is pretty soft so no breaking in is required. Love them!!" —Amazon Customer
Get them from Amazon for $97.46+ (available in sizes 5–10 and 13 colors).
2. A snazzy vegan loafer for an ethically sourced timeless classic shoe that can pair with pretty much anything you own. No, seriously, anything. But for the sake of this post, try them with your fave dress!
Kallie & Co is a Latin woman-owned small business that sells fair trade, vegan shoes and goods. Nadia Martinez has grown Kallie & Co. from her laundry room, to a small team of military spouses, selling her products across the US and Canada, and supporting 20 artisans in Mexico with fair labor.
Get it from Kallie & Co for $67.99 (available in sizes 5–11).
3. Braided sandals that are also water-resistant so they'll be able to handle even the most sweaty feet. No need to fret over the heat, those funky feet won't stand a chance.
Promising review: "These sandals are incredibly comfortable! I was so relieved they fit well because I'm sometimes an 8.5 but there aren't half sizes, but these fit perfectly! I thought it was so funny reading their website and their warning says 'don't buy these sandals if you don't want compliments.' Well, the first day I wore my sandals I got tons of compliments and every time I thought of their warning. It's so true these are unique and brilliantly styled sandals. The quality is wonderful! I'm 100% satisfied and happy with these sandals! The customer service is also phenomenal!" —ShoreShank
Get them from Amazon for $29.95+ (available in sizes 5–11 and 25 colors).
4. Thigh-high boots to show off those long stems. I mean honestly, how can you NOT feel like you're on a runway in these boots?
5. A pair of Jeffrey Campbell booties with metallic accents, which are subtle, but just enough to separate these shoes from the pack.
Promising review: “Absolutely gorgeous shoes. My husband gifted these to me. My first Jeffrey Campbells and certainly not my last. I am so in love. These are so perfect, comfortable, and excellent quality. I love the casual but really stylish look of these; I feel like they are classics I can wear for years but still show uniqueness with a bit of an edge.” —Let:it:be
Get them from Amazon for $149.99+ (available in sizes 5–11 and five colors).
7. A simple faux suede flat in case you're looking for a casual yet chic shoe to slip into because the place you're going to doesn't allow entry if you're barefoot. Ugh, such a hassle. But, once you get seated, you can just slip your feet out and let your toes fly free.
Promising review: "I have a hard to fit foot and am very picky about comfort. I wanted an inexpensive pair of black flats but didn't want them to kill my feet. These are perfect! My foot is pretty narrow, so flats sometimes don't fit or slip off easily – not these! I also didn't need to break them in at all – they were comfortable immediately. I highly recommend these if you are looking for a pair of inexpensive flats." —Michelle
Get them from Amazon for $29.99 (available in sizes 6–10 and 13 colors).
8. Leather Mary Janes on the days you want to look like you could attend Benedict's Catholic School like the witches from The Craft. Light as a feather, stiff as a board.
Promising review: "These shoes are perfect and perfectly cute!! They go with everything from torn jeans to dresses!! I will make sure I always have a pair of these!! And the service from Dr.Maten.com was excellent!!" —Sandra O.
Get them from Dr. Martens for $120 (available in sizes 5–11 and two colors).
9. A pair of cowboy boots with more than 7,000 5-star reviews, ready to line dance their way into your closet next. Now grab your partner and get ready to do-si-do!
Promising review: "Quite possibly the best pair of boots I've bought on Amazon. Really comfortable, great color! Walked through the city for several hours on the first day I got them, and not a single sore spot or blister. Wearing them with jeans, shorts, shirts and boho dresses. Really versatile! 😊" —Dana
Get it from Amazon for $29.95+ (available in sizes 6–11 and in nine colors).
10. Lace-up, ankle wrap sandals that'll have you feel like a beautiful Greek goddess every time you lace them around your legs. No really, they're handmade in Greece!
Greek Chic Handmades is a small business based in Athens, Greece. Almost all of their designs can be customized, so if your sandal of choice doesn't come in the exact color you were hoping for — just reach out and ask if it's possible!
Promising review: "They’re exactly as pictured. The laces are not stretchy so you’ll have to flex your legs while tying them or else they’ll be too tight. This means they stay up on my leg perfectly though. I’ll definitely order more sandals from this vendor." —Abs Inthe
11. A pair of flexible sandals you'll be glad you have when it's time to pack for that weekend getaway. You only wanna take a carry on but you don't want to be caught by a body of water without a pair of sandals. These shoes will take up minimal space while still providing maximum style.
Promising review: "GET THESE SHOES. The leather is super comfortable and they've lasted me all summer: from walking around Portland to trekking through sand at the beach. I didn't even have to break them in, they never cut into my feet at all! I'm going to get them in two other colors because they are that dang great. 10/10 would recommend." —Cate
Get them from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in sizes 5–11 and nine colors).
12. Chucks, a classic tennie that remarkably blends with an assortment of fashions, including all sorts of skirts and dresses. These particular Chucks are a mix between a slip-on flat and a sneaker, perfect for dancing the night away when your favorite local cover band takes the stage.
Promising review: "My whole life I never bought into the whole Converse thing and was never attracted to the style. Finally, I was looking for a slip on of this style and decided to jump on the bandwagon. OH MY GOD. I LOOOVVEEE these chucks. I love the slip-on nature and they're so cute with everything I wear. I can wear this shoe every single day all day (and I'm a hair stylist/on my feet up to ten hours a day). I absolutely recommend them. I've posted this review almost a full year after purchase and this is my current opinion on them!" —RDalletto
Get them from Amazon for $38.64+ (available in sizes 5–11 and five colors).
13. Woven huarache sandals crafted with handwoven leather strips to make it the perfect shoe to wear as the weather gets warmer. If you're looking for a shoe a little more sophisticated than a classic flip flop or sandal, these are definitely a great choice.
Promising review: "I ordered my sandals for at home try on, and they shipped very fast even when I had to exchange for a different size. They are constructed beautifully. They seem delicate but are well made and I feel comfortable walking around in them all day for work." —Neely G.
Get it from Nisolo for $130 (available in sizes 5–11 and in seven colors).
14. Platform sandals that'll be perfect for summer days o'plenty, but you don't have to wait for summer to wear them. Simply add socks or tights to them and they instantly turn into a year-round shoe.
Promising review: "These are my favorite shoes I've ever owned. They're super comfortable and easy to break in. I've had two pairs. They sell out quick, but I'll buy another pair when they're back in stock in my size for sure!" —Bryanna
Get them from Amazon for $33.14+ (available in sizes 5.5–11 and six colors).
15. A pair of color blocked sneakers designed from toe to sole, literally. Each Hoff shoe has a unique design inspired by a place or vibe. These Singapore-inspired sneaks feature a vibrant design that represents the destination's cultural mix through the colors chosen and beautiful artwork on the sole.
16. A pair of breathable slip-on sneakers complete with memory foam soles so when you slip out of your slippers you can slip right back into comfort before heading out the door.
Some reviewers say these shoes run big, and recommend ordering a size down.
Promising review: "I love these slip-ons! They are extremely comfortable and stretchy. No need to 'break them in' and they didn't irritate my heels after long-time wear like Vans slip-ons do — no need for bandages :). I will definitely be buying these again and again!" —MichelleAColgan
Get them from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in sizes 5–11 and in six colors).
17. Low wedge flats that come in a variety of colors, including gold, which gives you a little pizazz that'll take you from office to ~After 5~ in no time at all. Who doesn't love a little shimmer?
Promising review: "I went through many options for black flats before stumbling upon this one. I'm so glad I did! It's been almost a month now and the quality is good for the price. Comfortable and seems like you don't really need to break them in. They look realllllly cute and go with almost anything." —Karin Krisdiva
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes 5–12 and 14 colors).
18. Classic Birkenstocks just begging to finally become a part of your wardrobe since you've been eyeing them for years and just haven't made the leap. There's a reason everyone loves these, take the plunge!
Promising review: "Fits like a dream. I'm in love! This is my second pair of Birkenstocks. I'm used to open-toe style sandals, but these are way more comfortable! I thought I would have to break them in, but they were so comfortable right out of the gate due to the suede top and the soft foot bed. Trust me they're AMAZING!" —LorenaMae
Get it from Amazon for $89.95+ (available in sizes 4–17.5 and four colors).
19. Steve Madden studded flats because you're feeling like a warrior today and need your gladiator shoes. Despite the spikes, reviewers say these sandals are super comfortable.
20. Skechers boat shoes — no boat required to rock these super cute and comfy shoes. Now all you need is Leonardo DiCaprio to stand behind you. If I was Rose, I would've left some room on the door so my love could survive, too. #StillNotOverIt
Promising review: "These shoes are amazingly lightweight, even though the soles are very robust. The tread has a deep grip but tapers off on the side for a more classic deck-shoe look. They came with both white and tan shoestrings, so I guess that switching to white would add more contrast. The red fabric uppers have blue undertones which look great with jeans. Nice contrast stitching. The vamp is medium-high, soft, and flexible. Did I mention comfortable? Plenty of toe room and support all around the foot. Arch support is better than most shoes of this style. Overall, a great shoe at a good price." —AvidReader
Get it from Amazon for $48.79+ (available in sizes 5–12 and three colors).
21. Scalloped ballet flats in case you're over the traditional ballet flat. These come with an adorable trim that gives them a unique design along with a semi-pointed toe that elongates the leg. Seems like the perfect ballet flat to me.
Promising review: "Super comfy! I wear them to work. After eight hours still like walking on clouds! I usually wear Tom's Jutti's, but these are actually way more comfortable! I like the color it goes with pretty much anything!" —D79
Get it from Amazon for $36.28+ (available in sizes 5–10 and six colors).