25 Sustainable Products You Can Easily Incorporate Into Your Life
If you're not quite sure where to start, these simple switches will make it a bit easier to go green.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A Stasher reusable silicone bag with so many uses, you'll wonder how you ever survived with just regular plastic bags before. Need to steam vegetables? Check! Freeze fruit for smoothies? Double check! Pack a lunch? Triple check!
2. Laundry detergent made to be nontoxic and biodegradable yet will still work hard to clean your clothes and leave them smelling fresh. Plus, it comes in a container that's compostable and recyclable.
3. A reusable bag that folds up small to fit in a purse or bag so you can easily pull it out and use it instead of taking a plastic bag from the store.
4. An Intimina menstrual cup that will be the only product you'll use during your period every month. Say goodbye to monthly trips to the store to pick up tampons and pads! (You and the environment will be so happy about that.)
5. A set of silicone stretch lid covers that fit over bowls, cups, glassware, jars, and even fruits and vegetables to keep freshness in and plastic wrap out.
6. A set of cotton produce bags to take to the grocery store so you can keep your produce fresh and avoid all those plastic bags. Just keep them in your car or even in any resusable bags you might bright to the grocery store, so you always have them when you need them.
7. A Blueland multi-surface starter set that includes a reusable glass cleaning bottle and three tablets. To use, all you have to do is fill the bottle with water, add the tablet, and you'll be able to clean all the counters, tile, stone, and wood in your home.
9. A Wunderbar stain stick made with coconut-based soap to remove any oil, makeup, food, soil, or other stains in an eco-friendly way. Just wet the stained area, rub the bar over it, wash it, and voilà! It's basically as close to magic as you can get.
10. A Rocketbook smart reusable notebook that takes your hand-written notes and makes them digital so you will never have to use a notebook again *and* you can easily find the notes you totally remember writing down on the 17th...or was it the 18th?
11. A set of reusable two-tone pads with a black side you can use to remove makeup and a white side to help you apply toner and moisturizers. Plus, once they've been used, you can just throw them in the wash, and they'll be ready to go for the next week.
12. Allbirds wool sneakers made with breathable wool to keep your feet calm, cool, and collected...even if you're not. Plus, when they get dirty, you can just throw them in the washer, and they'll look (and smell) as good as new, meaning you won't need to replace them.
13. A bamboo dish brush to help you scrub your dishes clean, even if you've got some crusted-on gunk that you thought might be stuck forever.
14. Or a biodegradable sponge that works just as hard as the sponge you currently use to give your dishes the deep clean they deserve. Plus, when it's time to replace, you can just stick the old sponge in your compost bin.
15. A pack of dryer balls, because you've been frustrated with your lackluster dryer that really doesn't actually dry your clothes for too long. Stop yelling, "You have ONE job" at it and add these to your loads to dry everything in half of the time without needing another dryer sheet.
16. A compostable compressed towel you can take with you anywhere and use when you need a quick refresh when there's no shower in sight.
17. Swedish dish cloths that absorb up to 15 times their own weight, so you can use them to clean your whole kitchen in one swoop and then throw them in the dishwasher when you're done.
18. A biodegradable bento box with four compartments to fit different kinds of food so you can pack a complete lunch *and* feel good about saving money at the same time.
20. Some bamboo towels that'll replace six month's worth of paper towels, so you can keep your home clean, feel good about the impact you have on the environment, *and* never have to worry about using tissues to clean up a spill because you forgot to pick up another roll...again.
21. Natural loofahs to help exfoliate your skin in the shower that can then be composted after they've served their purpose.
22. A pair of Girlfriend Collective seamless leggings made out of 17 recycled water bottles and spandex for a ridiculously soft feel you might find yourself lounging in rather than working out. (Both are perfectly acceptable though!)
23. A set of reusable food huggers designed to fit over halves of fruit and veggies and cans and cups so you can keep the food you don't use fresher for longer instead of just throwing it away.
24. A LastSwab, which might seem a little steep for a single cotton swab but it's the only one you'll ever have to buy again, as you can wash and reuse it whenever you like.
25. Some unbleached toilet paper that's 100% recycled and will be the number one (and probably number two) reason you feel better about your choices in the bathroom.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.
Also, just a note that this list is a good place to start. And if you want to be even more sustainable, bookmark this page and finish all the products you currently have before investing in others that are better for you and the environment.