1. A Béis seatback organizer that keeps all your in-flight essentials (e.g., phone, e-reader, magazines, etc.) in the pocket so you don't have to dig around in your bag on the floor throughout the flight.
3. A water bottle cup holder adapter because the fact that your water bottle doesn't fit in your cup holder is one of the main annoying factors on your road trip. You can add this to your current cup holder to accommodate your bigger bottle so you stay hydrated the whole time.
4. A Trtl neck pillow specifically designed to keep your head in a comfortable position while you sleep so you can actually get some shut-eye.
Promising review: "This thing is the greatest thing invented since chicken and biscuits. It's like a nice scarf with just enough support to keep your neck just in the right position. I highly recommend it. Works great with big headphones, too." —Deana Hero
Get it from Amazon for $34.99 (available in three colors).
5. A travel wallet with an RFID-blocking shield material to not only keep all your many important travel documents organized, but also safe and ready for you to grab when you need your ID quickly in the TSA line.
6. Alleyoop's pen pal you may think is one of those super-cool multicolored pens you used in grade school, but is actually a super-cool four-in-one makeup tool. Throw this in your bag, and you'll have eyeliner, brow liner, lip liner, and a highlighter right at your fingertips. No need for so many makeup products to weigh down your bag.
7. And a Pocket Palette to complete your makeup bag (or lack thereof) with the perfect amount of mascara, lipstick/blush, and BB cream so you don't have to pack every single makeup item you own.
Promising review: "I travel often for work, and it’s so much easier to pack a few pocket palettes than tote my regular makeup — they’re super carry-on bag/airport friendly! I love my Lancôme but I’d much rather not tote around heavy glass bottles, so I keep a palette at the ready for the gym, in my purse, at my desk at work, etc. — they’re that convenient. For the makeup itself, the quality of the BB cream is great. It’s light, feels and looks natural, and you can get at least two full uses out of the quantity. The lip/cheek color amount is also generous. I personally go for a darker lip generally, but this is good for blush and will last me a while. I love how handy the mascara applicator is, so fun-sized. For someone on the go who isn't soooo makeup savvy that I'm contouring all the time, this product is really practical!" —Maureen
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $34.99 (available in four shades).
8. AirFly, a wireless transmitter that'll connect your AirPods (or any other wireless headphones) to the headphone jack on the flight so you can enjoy all the free entertainment without being forced to bring two sets of headphones or use the crappy ones they have the AUDACITY to charge for on some flights.
9. A travel belt made so you can attach any bag to the top of your suitcase because sometimes the best carry-on bags are not designed with that handy sleeve on the back. With this, you won't have to lug your bag through the airport when your gate is the absolute last one at the end of the longest corridor.
The travel belt is adjustable to 38 inches so it will fit most bags.
BTW — Cincha Travel is a small Cali-based biz started by a BIPOC couple that makes these adjustable straps from vegan leather. The brand also donates 100 airline miles for each purchase, which are used to reconnect separated migrant families.
Promising review: "Love this! I am constantly struggling between holding my jacket and two carry-ons. This is the perfect solution! I can’t wait to start using it when I’m back to regular business travel." —Allison
Get it from Cincha Travel for $40 (available in 13 colors and designs; can be monogrammed for an additional $17).
10. A Bearby travel napper specifically designed smaller than thair other weighted blankets so it can be taken on your vacation or road trip. If you have a hard time sleeping without your weighted blanket, this is a great way to bring that comfort with you. Plus, it comes with a duffle bag for easy transport.
11. A travel pouch that attaches to your bra so you can keep the most important things closest to you (such as your money, credit cards, and a copy of your passport) without fear of some pickpocketing wizard breezing past you, barely touching you but somehow getting away with your stuff.
12. A chic carry-on suitcase that will basically become your new travel BFF. Not only does this suitcase have an ejectable portable battery, it also has a "crush-proof" shell with bumpers for extra protection, a hidden laundry bag that is odor-proof, and a compression system that makes it so you can fit everything you need in your bag. This bag might really have it all.
Promising review: "I've been looking for a carry-on replacement for some time. My last carry-on was from 2007, so it was super old and not very good. Now that I have my July Carry On, I couldn't be more pleased. It's so good from functionality to style. I love the laundry bag — it's great that I don't have to remember to take my own separate laundry bag with me anymore — and the charging is so useful. The wheels are silent and smooth — so much so that on the slightest decline the bag will 100% roll away from you. The bumpers are a bit scratched after some use, but it's hardy/designed to protect what's inside, and I accept that there will be some of that happening on long-haul flights. I really enjoy the personalization as well — I had my name and a little frog etched on the top — so cute!" —Ameeka N.
Get it from July for $295 (available in 11 colors; plus you can add personalization for $50).
13. The Airhook – it holds phones and tablets and attaches to the seat in front of you so you can be entertained on every flight, even the ones without seat-back entertainment. Plus, this has a fold-down cup holder, so you don't have to worry about using your tray table and then panicking when you still have half a drink left and need to use the bathroom.
14. A compact tote bag designed to fold up into itself so you can store it in your bag without taking up too much space in your suitcase. Then when you get to your destination you can take it with you as you explore and have a place to stash your water, sweater, and all the fun purchases you make along the way.
Plus, it's made out of durable and water-resistant fabric.
Promising review: "I got the blush-colored bag. It is such a pretty neutral color. I packed it in my overnight bag to have an extra bag for shopping. It came in handy when I needed it! I put my water and light sweater in there. Also, I put my shopping items in there also instead of carrying extra store bags that leave a mark on you wrists. This little bag zips up compact and will always be a necessity when traveling anywhere! I highly recommend getting one!" —Nubia C.
Get it from Calpak for $35 (available in seven colors and designs).
15. Some biodegradable hypoallergenic wipes because flying can make you feel gross and these give you the chance to freshen up when there's not a shower in sight.
16. A portable rain hood you can wear with any jacket so you don't have to try and pack both your cute and practical jackets when you're tight on space.
17. A waterproof Kindle so you can take your reading anywhere, yes, even INTO the pool. This is a game-changer.
18. A flying USB port with four places to plug in all your cords so you only need one plug in your bedroom to keep all your electronics (phone, watch, tablet, etc.) at 100% during your whole trip.
BTW — Multitasky is a female-founded and -run small biz that began in 2020 as a way for founder Julia Xu to create products that were both functional and cute.
Promising review: "It does as it says it does, allowing my Dell XPS15 to operate a pair of USB devices from my lightning port! The laptop has two USB ports, one of which is always occupied by my USB mouse dongle and the other by my protected USB drive. If I wanted to plug in my phone to switch data or add another thumb drive to transfer a device, everything might have to be disconnected, but not anymore. It was really worth it." —Liberty
Get it from Multitasky for $18 (originally $25; available in three colors).
19. A LifeStraw that's basically magic because it makes water drinkable by removing 99.999999% of bacteria and 99.999% of parasites so you can enjoy a fresh drink when you're on a hike or camping and are out of fresh water.
20. A swimsuit specifically designed to stay in place during water activities (e.g., surfing, wakeboarding, etc.) *and* look super cute while relaxing by the pool. Gone are the days you have to pack multiple suits for vacation. Get you one that can do both.
21. A portable espresso maker because caffeine is an essential, even while traveling, and this lil' thing lets you use Nespresso pods to make a delicious pick-me-up, no matter where you are in the world.
22. Or a single-serve French press in a travel coffee mug if coffee is more your speed — all you have to do is put grounds in, add some hot water, and press the mesh filter in to make a delicious brew.
23. A leather hat holder you clip to your tote bag for a super-easy (and convenient) spot to keep your hat while you travel. It uses a magnet to keep your hat in place so it will easily get to your destination. Say goodbye to ever having to pull out a crushed and wrinkled hat from your luggage again!
Get it from Lindsay Albanese for $55.
24. A foot hammock made out of memory foam because we can't all afford to fly first class, but this little gadget will make you feel like you can (even if it doesn't come with free champagne).
25. An LED neck reading light perfect for anyone who has a later bedtime than their partner (or family) and doesn't just want to lie in bed counting sheep. Put this light around your neck and it will illuminate a book in front of you, without disrupting the people asleep around you. Talk about a game-changer!
Promising review: "I couldn't be happier with this light. I use it for reading in bed and when I travel. It's comfortable, has multiple settings, is easy to use, and the battery stays charged for a long time. You can turn on either one or both sides of the light and its flexibility allows the light to be adjusted easily. I highly recommend this light for reading in bed, for outdoor walking at night, and for doing close work that requires good lighting." —Jean G
Get it from Amazon for $18.69 (available in three colors).
26. A collapsible water bottle that'll take up wayyy less space in your bag presecurity, but also help you avoid paying approximately $20 for one water bottle *and* help you stay hydrated = all very important things.
27. A super-cool duffel bag that actually starts out as a garment bag, so you only have to pack one bag with everything you need *and* not worry about your suits or other clothes getting wrinkled during the journey.
Plus, the bag is water-resistant and has two exterior zip pockets, two interior shoe pockets, and a padded handle wrap. Yes, this one bag really can do it all.
Promising review: "I purchased this in preparation for some day trips for work and it sure did the job. My suit stayed crisp and I was able to fit everything I needed. The bag feels very durable, which I can't say for some of my other bags that cost five times the amount. Although many bags have a separate compartment for shoes, be careful not to overlook the importance of this feature when shopping for luggage. The last thing you want is to wake up and get dressed, only to find that something on the bottom of your shoes found its way onto your clothes. The side pockets make it easy to get essentials out of your bag, including when it's in the overhead bin on a plane." —Ronald
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in four colors).