10. She features on Naughty Boy’s album Hotel Cabana.
Along side the likes of Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran, Bastille, Ella Eyre, Wiz Kalifa, Emeli Sandé and a host of other name at the forefront of today’s music scene, Gabrielle contributes what is arguably the most emotive song of the set, “Hollywood”.
9. She can still write a powerful heartbreaking ballad.
“Say Goodbye” the self-penned lead single from her 20 Year retrospective “Now and Always: 20 Years of Dreaming” is epic and heart breaking.
6. She can hold her own with her contemporaries.
Wretch 32 was “honoured” to feature on this live version of Sunshine. The pair hooked up after Gabrielle praised Wretch during an interview on BBC 1Xtra. The song was originally written about Gabrielle’s son and in this acoustic version Wretch brings a rap about his daughter.
3. She inspired Adele to sing.
Talking about her unmusical family, Adele has said: “It all comes from impersonating The Spice Girls and Gabrielle.” She used to give little concerts in her room for her mother and her friends. As her mother was quite arty, she helped a young Adele impersonate Gabrielle by making an eye patch for her to wear. At the age of 11, the family moved to Brighton but returned to Brixton where Adele remembers watching Pink in concert.
2. The hits!
The hits are as brilliant as they are countless and they still get heavy rotation on radio stations worldwide today. Her latest offering “Now and Always: 20 Years of Dreaming” showcases her 20 year career. Highlights include, Dreams, Rise, Out of Reach, Give Me a Little More Time, If You Ever, Why, Ten Years Time, When a Woman, Sunshine… http://bit.ly/Gabs20
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Countries from around the world have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the world's largest marine protected area.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀