10. She features on Naughty Boy’s album Hotel Cabana.
Along side the likes of Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran, Bastille, Ella Eyre, Wiz Kalifa, Emeli Sandé and a host of other name at the forefront of today’s music scene, Gabrielle contributes what is arguably the most emotive song of the set, “Hollywood”.
9. She can still write a powerful heartbreaking ballad.
“Say Goodbye” the self-penned lead single from her 20 Year retrospective “Now and Always: 20 Years of Dreaming” is epic and heart breaking.
6. She can hold her own with her contemporaries.
Wretch 32 was “honoured” to feature on this live version of Sunshine. The pair hooked up after Gabrielle praised Wretch during an interview on BBC 1Xtra. The song was originally written about Gabrielle’s son and in this acoustic version Wretch brings a rap about his daughter.
3. She inspired Adele to sing.
Talking about her unmusical family, Adele has said: “It all comes from impersonating The Spice Girls and Gabrielle.” She used to give little concerts in her room for her mother and her friends. As her mother was quite arty, she helped a young Adele impersonate Gabrielle by making an eye patch for her to wear. At the age of 11, the family moved to Brighton but returned to Brixton where Adele remembers watching Pink in concert.
2. The hits!
The hits are as brilliant as they are countless and they still get heavy rotation on radio stations worldwide today. Her latest offering “Now and Always: 20 Years of Dreaming” showcases her 20 year career. Highlights include, Dreams, Rise, Out of Reach, Give Me a Little More Time, If You Ever, Why, Ten Years Time, When a Woman, Sunshine… http://bit.ly/Gabs20
- Donald Trump accused former Miss Universe Alicia Machado of conning Hillary Clinton in a Twitter rant Friday morning.
- World leaders hailed the legacy of former Israeli statesman Shimon Peres at his state funeral in Jerusalem.
- Anti-mafia police in Naples have recovered two Vincent van Gogh paintings that were stolen in Amsterdam 14 years ago.