1. Running for more than 30 seconds is real life torture.
2. Even the really tiny weights make your arms burn with the power of a thousand suns.
3. Your flexibility leaves you filled with shame.
4. Some people are really not supportive of your exercise endeavours.
8. It’s been so long you can’t remember how anything works.
10. Your gym membership is rinsing your bank balance.
12. That early workout you scheduled? Turns out ‘early’ is very horrible.
13. There are lots of confusing exercise words to learn.
14. You don’t know any ‘proper’ gym moves, so you just make them up.
15. You know you should exercise but your desire to eat is greater.
16. Doing weights makes you feel on the brink of actual death.
17. You get overzealous with the treadmill settings and instantly regret it.
18. The concept of trying to look good while exercising is still a worry.
(That wears off when you realise nobody looks good working out.)
20. You feel judged by the dedicated gymmers because you don’t always take it seriously.
21. At first, you feel really good and you’re like, ‘YEAH, I’m working out!’
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›