2. In America you have to wait until you’re an actual grown-up to legally drink…
CBS / Via imgfave.com
… whereas we’ve been legally beveraging for THREE YEARS already!
Warner Bros. / Via gifbooster.com
4. American teens say stuff like “Let’s go to the beach this weekend!”
Young Money / Via where-or-when.tumblr.com
But in the UK the sea is cold ALL YEAR ROUND (and it’ll probably rain anyway).
MTV / Via torie-rph.tumblr.com
5. In America, “ROAD TRIP!” means an adventure for many miles…
… in the UK, it takes, at most, two hours before you’ve reached the edge of the country.
New Line Cinema / Via l-o-t-r.tumblr.com
7. In America, there are things called “fraternities” and “sororities” (we have no idea what these are).
Sony Pictures / Via giphy.com
9. America goes to town with holidays — 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Halloween…
Warner Bros. / Via youtube.com
This is the best British parents can do at Halloween and we don’t even have the other two.
10. American girls have “slumber parties.” British girls have “sleepovers” (they are essentially the same thing.)
Paramount Pictures / Via bellecs.tumblr.com
11. You ALL have pools in America… we don’t :(
Miramax Films / Via fuckyeahtwilightgifs.tumblr.com
12. There are a range of summer camps in the U.S.
Universal Pictures / Via asmith96.tumblr.com
13. Getting into college is a huge deal in the States…
TBS / Via teencelebgifs.tumblr.com
…in the UK we login to UCAS and quietly celebrate if we got the grades.
NBC / Via vampirediaries.wikia.com
14. Family camping holidays in America probably involve an RV.
AMC / Via heisenbergchronicles.tumblr.com
15. Kids in America have MASSIVE bedrooms…we have to share.
BBC / Via kerjenfanfic.tumblr.com
…Jamie Oliver made damn sure he stopped all that for us. No more pizza at break time.
AMC / Via pandawhale.com
17. Going to an American festival? Better pack your Converse and vest tops!
Festival in Britain? Forget about flip flops, you’ll need five pairs of wellies and a trusty cagoule.
Fox / Via gurl.com
18. In America you have whole STADIUMS for college sport…
Paramount Pictures / Via ftw.usatoday.com
20. 20. You guys have PROM and it’s a massive deal! Themes, limos, after-prom parties…
20th Century Fox / Via postgradproblems.com
…OK, so we have prom too but only since the noughties!
Universal Pictures / Via imgur.com
Here Are The Top Stories
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- Rapper 50 Cent may claim he's broke, but court records filed in his bankruptcy case show he has $10 million in various bank accounts.