1. Jay-Z and Beyoncé
I mean, DUH. THE ULTIMATE. The co-existence of these two perfect-style humans is capable of melting even the hardest of hearts.
2. Thurston Moore and Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth
When these two split in 2011 after 27 years of marriage, thousands of indie kids across the globe quit believing in love for good. < /3
3. Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash
These two were married from 1968 until 2003, when she died. Their duets were achingly beautiful, and so was their love story.
4. Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale
It’s must pretty cool to have both insane physical beauty and ’90s alternative rock radio dominance in common with your spouse.
5. Kurt Cobain of Nirvana and Courtney Love of Hole
They might have had their share of problems, but SHE DIDN’T KILL HIM, OKAY, PEOPLE? Let’s just focus on when they were beautiful blonde messes together.
6. Sonny and Cher
The reigning couple of ’70s music and television had like ten jillion albums and shows together. Their love basically SHAPED A DECADE. What have you and your significant other been up to lately?
7. Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull
I want to be either/both of them. Sexiest rock couple ever?
8. Ad-Rock of the Beastie Boys and Kathleen Hanna of Bikini Kill
Oh, nice, two totally perfect people who both stand for amazing things got married to each other. These guys are guaranteed to always be the coolest couple in any room.
9. Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton
Just look at all them CMA awards. These two lovebirds are a total country dynasty.
10. Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham
Before these two formed Fleetwood Mac, they had a two-piece band called Buckingham Nicks, and also a totally fiery love affair.
11. Matt and Kim
Tell me there’s anything more adorable than this picture of this band couple anywhere on the planet.
12. Bruce Springsteen and Patti Scialfa of The E Street Band
UGH, MY GOD, THESE TWO NEW JERSEY LOVEBIRDS. She joined the E Street Band in the late ’80s and they’ve been together ever since. They come across like normal, happy suburban parents, which makes me love them even more.
13. Carly Simon and James Taylor
These two had a very hairy marriage, both figuratively and literally, from 1972 until 1983, but live on as another couple that completely characterized 1970s love.
14. Dean Wareham and Britta Phillips of Luna and Dean & Britta
These two have a lot in common, like their awesome band, long-ass marriage, and status as indie sex gods.
15. Excene Cervenka and John Doe of X
The co-founders of the Los Angeles punk band were married from 1980 to 1985, and one would imagine that there was much confusion over whose Converse were whose in that time span.
16. Win Butler and Regine Chassagne of Arcade Fire
For nearly a decade, these two geniuses have been both married and in a band. They’ve also won a Grammy and then weathered the question WHO’S ARCADE FIRE together, which would likely strengthen any bond.
17. Elvis Costello and Diana Krall
These two GOT MARRIED AT ELTON JOHN’S ESTATE. Okay, game over, guys, you win the prize for raddest wedding ever.
18. Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood
In 2005, he proposed to her at a concert in front of 7,000 people. LIKE, NO PRESSURE, YEARWOOD. She said yes and they’ve been happy ever since.
19. Laurie Anderson and Lou Reed
These two notoriously cranky members of New York City rock royalty have been together since 1995. I guess they must be nice to each other, at least!
20. Mates of State
What, were you guys arrested for being too cute together or something?
21. Georgia Hubley and Ira Kaplan of Yo La Tengo
They formed Yo La Tengo as a husband/wife duo in 1984 and making beautiful music together ever since. GET IT, LIKE, BECAUSE THEY’RE A BAND BUT ALSO IN LOVE.
22. Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz
Okay, we get it. You’re not only a super-sexy, talented musician, your partner is too. Cool! Stop talking about it!
23. Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
Wait, is everyone in country music married to each other?
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.